facebook

rushing as a sophomore?

by:    

I'm thinking about rushing a sorority next year but I'm going to be a sophomore and it seems like Rush is mainly freshmen. Also, very few of my friends are in sororities. Any tips on being a good candidate as a sophomore? Are letters of rec super important? Are you still not allowed to go to the Row before Rush week (stereotypes already had a year to be perceived anyway)? What are the odds of getting into a "top" house?

Posted By: Sorority Question?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

The best way to be a good candidate as a sophomore is to have good grades to start off with. All sororities have cut-offs for grades higher than the 2.0 needed to rush. Since you are at a slight disadvantage(not a big one at all though due to spring admits rushing as sophomores), I would submit as many letters of rec to every house to give yourself a slight edge. Just be yourself and be put together. Don't pretend to be anything you're not because you won't like where you end up if so, just be the best version of yourself. Where you end up will be the right fit, trust me. Even if it doesn't seem like it at first.

By: meto
#2by:    

your still not allowed on the row during rush week

By: haha
#3by:    

your still not allowed on the row during rush week

By: haha

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

i rushed as a sophomore and knew almost no one in the greek life and love where i am

By: hello
#5by:    

Just do it! Try your hardest and see what happens! My only advice: stick it out till the end

By: ?
#6by:    

I'm also rushing as a sophomore!! What houses generally take sophomores? I really would love to be in theta or dg

By: PNM
by: @PNM   

You have a chance at those two, every house takes sophomores, they just have to want you.

By: @PNM

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.