facebook

what are the common stereotypes of usc sororities?

by: potential rushee

Like what are the different housing generally known for/perceived as?

Thanks!

Posted By: potential rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: well   

Kappa/DG: rich O/C blondes, pretty (the actresses in high school)

Theta: goody put together girls who are sweet/pretty (the smart athletes in high school)

Alpha Phi: nice and pretty girls who like to party (the cheerleaders in high school)

Pi Phi: party crazy girls (the party girls in high school)

Tri Delt: Fratty girls who like being friends with guys (the normal girls next door that are cute)

ADPi: Sweethearts who are cute/nice

Gamma Phi/
SDT/
AXO: A lot of different personalities to group into one phrase! :)

By: well
by: MMay 14, 2013 9:11:12 PM

Haha how cute! Totally agree.

By: M
by: agreeMay 18, 2013 5:06:54 PM

yeah!

By: agree
#2  by: :)   

Love this! so true

By: :)
#3  by: Aww   

That's such a sweet post! I agree completely.

By: Aww
by: aLL WRONGMay 17, 2013 2:10:37 AM

same... could be meaner. but pretty much true.

By: aLL WRONG
by: @aLL WRONGMay 17, 2013 4:33:24 AM

Why would you make it meaner?

By: @aLL WRONG
#4  by: .   

DG: mix of blonde party girls (CABOOOO), pretty but with dorky sense of humor girls, a few leadership types that find their way onto exec positions (Christian, PHC, etc. involved), legacies. With such a big house I'd say 30% are really attractive and they put them out there the most for rush, deliveries, etc., the rest could be middle or lower tier easily. Voted most likely to wear neon

Kappa: skinny JAP-y girls, lots of theatre girls (also lots of theatre girls in DG but somehow DG girls in theatre aren't too good looking), exclusive, ironically hipster (Coachella girls). Voted most likely to wear their sorority tote bag to a funeral

Theta: legacies, lots of mousey girls or one color girls (their hair and skin color are the same), singers and dancers, like to be goofy in pictures/dress up in funny costumes, quieter about repping their house than dg/kappa (except their backpacks are everywhere). Voted most likely to blend into a crowd

Alpha Phi: very made up, ambitious, something to prove, social, very in your face. Was the girl in high school who made it onto homecoming court but didn't win queen, let's just say. Put together but not fawned over so they try to improve. Lots of pride. Voted most likely to marry rich

Pi Phi: hipster girls mixed with all-American types, very California (Brandy, Nasty Gal, etc.), if they were a season they would be summer. Laid back, maybe a little blasé. Athletic. Most likely to be from Orange County

By: .
by: yaMay 23, 2013 12:31:32 AM

hahahaha so funny. spot on

By: ya
by: wtfMay 23, 2013 12:41:38 AM

I don't buy it. This would describe maybe 10% of these houses...

By: wtf
by: loveMay 23, 2013 1:08:13 AM

So perfect!! Do the rest of the houses please!!

By: love
by: lolMay 23, 2013 1:57:05 AM

Do the ressssst!!!

By: lol
#5  by: . again   

You asked...

Tridelt: has the most legitimately funny girls out of all the houses. Lots of bro-y type of girls, not necessarily in looks but can hang with the dudes. Very "diverse" in the sense that there are a wide variety of looks (from should be top tier to wtf is this) and personalities, from super crazy party girls who you can find at Phi Psi on a Tuesday morning, to religious Southern girls in Lilly Pulitzer. Tend to have a solid, close knit group of 5-6 girls in their house, and not dislike but be kind of ambivalent about the rest of the house. Voted most likely to not "act" like they're in a sorority

ADPi: as another poster put in that celebrity joke discussion post, best summed up by Taylor Swift. All-American, a little plain but sweet looking, in general super nice and classy, but there are a handful of girls that crop up that are THE most annoying girls you will ever meet in any sorority. They go for nice girls and sometimes girls that are nice but painfully annoying get in. It happens. But in general they can get along with anybody. Voted Miss Congeniality

GPhi: they give off a very Midwestern vibe. Like you could imagine them crafting and baking for their GE's. Some are very sporty, the rest seem like sports are not their thing . They seem to have a strong sisterhood in the sense that they will walk past another sorority in their letters and judge them together. Voted most likely to surprise you that she's in a sorority

By: . again
by: yes May 25, 2013 7:21:46 PM

this is the most accurate description i've seen of these two houses, spot on

By: yes
by: lolMay 28, 2013 2:22:03 AM

so true, i agree- tridelts are chill/hilarious/fratty from what and there are some really pretty top-house-material and some really questionable/unattractive girls. adpi is very typically nice not cute enough for top house but decent looking girls overall, pretty plain. i don't know much about gphi

By: lol
by: @lolMay 28, 2013 3:01:00 AM

Hi tridelt

By: @lol
by: @.May 31, 2013 2:07:21 PM

I'd say this is true about each of the houses

By: @.
#6  by: . again again   

AXO: very Southern kind of sorority (apart from looks, as they aren't the blond ringlet-hairbow-Lilly Pulitzer type...I don't think?). As in, girls will join for reasons beyond partying and prestige but more to join a family, and a pretty legacy will find their way in because the legacy matters to them (and are probably from out of state). Not meant to be a diss, but since they don't have let's say the #1 pick in recruitment, the personality types can be very different and so while they all mean well not everyone will be BFFs. They're not catty and will support each other as sisters, but also look outside their sorority from some of their best friends oftentimes (speaking very generally). Voted most likely to....support each other out of all the houses

SDT: possibly the most varying personality types out of all the houses, from really outgoing and chatty and girly to very studious or a transfer who commutes. They are more focused internally than externally (sisterhood rather than mixers obviously) which makes sense, so out of all the houses that have varying personalities (Tridelt, AXO) they seem to be the most cohesive. Lots of feminists. Those who join seem to be very optimistic, possibly leader types who don't follow the beaten path. Voted most likely to start their own business after graduation or something

By: . again again
#7  by: sae   

thanks for the positive rankings, but neither of thouse houses will ever be relevant. these two houses are social suicide, no if ands or buts. pi phi is a top house

By: sae
by: hahaMay 25, 2013 7:26:46 PM

haha what? that was the most ignorant and off thing ive read on here. if girls want to join those houses, then thats great! theyll enjoy themselves just as much as other houses. and are you in pi phi? if so that's pathetic that you'd use the same post to self-rank yourself and bring down others.

By: haha
by: hahaMay 25, 2013 7:26:46 PM

haha what? that was the most ignorant and off thing ive read on here. if girls want to join those houses, then thats great! theyll enjoy themselves just as much as other houses. and are you in pi phi? if so that's pathetic that you'd use the same post to self-rank yourself and bring down others.

By: haha
by: lbhMay 27, 2013 1:20:05 AM

pi phi is NOT top. thats just the funniest thing i've ever heard LOL

By: lbh
#8  by: geedeeeye   

I only know a few thetas, but they are all in engineering, actually. I find it hard to believe other houses accept FEWER majors that are easier on the GPA.

By: geedeeeye
by: ...Jun 1, 2013 6:44:20 PM

thats not how it works. its not that theta picks majors that are easy for gpas, its just the type of girl they attract and want are usually those types of majors. a lot are business, film, theatre or dance.

By: ...
#9  by: S   

These are all really accurate! Wow

By: S
#10  by: so funny   

bump

By: so funny

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.