facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 8 of 16
#71  by: unbiased   

Here's the updated list:

DG/Theta
Kappa
A Phi

TriDelta/Pi Phi
ADPi

Gamma Phi
AXO
Sdt

The only major change is that Alpha Phi is now ranked higher, and Pi Phi has slipped a bit in the ranking. It is about fair to say that they are now considered middle tier. Alpha Phi got some really awesome girls for rush, while Pi Phi's pledge class wasn't that great, which caused them to fall. DG has a good PC, still on top of course. Theta has an okay PC, but they're still top 4. Kappa is still a top house, but they suffered from an embarrassing event this rush (did not get enough pledges) so they have some randos. For the most part, Kappa's PC is still good though. Tridelta also did a good job this year. They're house is very diverse and large, but they have plenty of hot girls with good personalities. don't really know anything about Gamma Phi and ADPi's PC, so I will not comment on them. Lastly, AXO did a better job with rush this year--they had girls from SDSU AXO come up and help them with rush, which paid off--but they are still on bottom. Sdt does not have a house on the row, so it's harder for them to get their name out there.

By: unbiased
by: HmDec 19, 2012 9:58:18 PM

Yeah, I don't recall any SDSU AXOs at recruitment.

By: Hm
by: LOLDec 20, 2012 5:00:17 AM

You are just making stuff up. Your ranking is jank as hell too.

By: LOL
by: HmDec 20, 2012 5:06:05 PM

No, their ranking is alright, it's what the general population thinks. I didn't call out the ranking. I just don't know why everyone claims AXO brings in people.

By: Hm
by: @unbiasedDec 23, 2012 1:55:50 AM

Sorry, tridelta is so above pi phi

By: @unbiased
by: rfxyDec 24, 2012 9:13:28 PM

Because they usually do for the first two days of rush at least. They have the Greek letters of their chapter on their name badge but obviously a good amount of PNM's wouldn't know what "ΕΞ" would mean/expect non-USC sorority girls there....pretty sneaky

By: rfxy
by: nJan 6, 2013 3:23:28 AM

spot on! best explanation ive seen yet and not mean to any particular house

By: n
by: @unbiasedJan 8, 2013 3:08:08 PM

AXO used to do that, but not for the last 2-4 years. Can't bring up old stuff to try to make it relevant now. Also Sdt does do rush for the first round so all girls know about them. Agree with most of the other stuff, though Kappa is still better than Theta, but not above DG

By: @unbiased
#72  by: jw   

what does "fratty" even mean? I keep seeing tridelt being described as the "fratty" house jw

By: jw
by: lskjdhgDec 28, 2012 11:26:41 PM

generally less catty & not as preppy or girly girlish & likes to party

By: lskjdhg
by: @lskjdhgDec 29, 2012 10:06:53 PM

in general i agree with that but sadly i have been hearing so much bad stuff that they say about each other. so i think they've become more catty this year

By: @lskjdhg
by: hmmJan 1, 2013 7:19:41 PM

hmm guess I can't say since I'm not in tridelt but the girls do seem less catty than other houses.. seem more chill/partiers but i could be wrong

By: hmm
#73  by: USC   

Kappa, DG , Pi Phi , Theta

Tri Delta Alpha Phi

Gamma Phi , AXO, ADPi,

SDT

By: USC
by: LOLJan 8, 2013 3:31:58 AM

no no no no no. there are TOO many things wrong with this. I don't even WANNA begin. Im not even going to mention what's wrong with this list because everyone knows which sorority doesn't belong in there. Its obvious which house ur in.

By: LOL
by: uhJan 8, 2013 5:04:57 PM

WTF PI PHI? no. is this a joke????? who are u trying to fool....

Kappa/DG/Theta///Aphi

Tri Delt\n\n\n\n\nPi Phi

ADPi Gamma Phi AXO

SDT

By: uh
#74  by: beep   

beep beep beep beep beep beep beepers

By: beep
#75  by: outside opinion   

Kappa Alpha Theta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Kappa Gamma

Alpha Phi

Delta Delta Delta
Pi Beta Phi

Alpha Delta Pi

Gamma Phi Beta
Alpha Chi Omega

Sigma Delta Tau

By: outside opinion
by: ...Jan 11, 2013 10:19:09 PM

um theta goes under dg and kappa but other than that accurate list

By: ...
by: yeaJan 19, 2013 6:02:00 PM

eh..

Kappa/DG

Theta/Aphi

Tri Delt/Pi Phi

ADpi

Gamam Phi/AXO/SDT

By: yea
#76  by: ACCURATE LIST   

Kappa
DG
Theta

Aphi

Tridelt
Pi Phi

ADPi
GPhi
AXO
SDT

By: ACCURATE LIST
#77  by: YA   

agreed

By: YA
#78  by: m   

Kappa Alpha Theta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Kappa Gamma

Alpha Phi

Delta Delta Delta
Pi Beta Phi

Alpha Delta Pi

Gamma Phi Beta
Alpha Chi Omega

Sigma Delta Tau

By: m
by: .Jan 25, 2013 11:01:15 PM

Kappa/DG

Theta

Alpha Phi/Pi Phi

Tridelt

ADPi

AXO/SDT

GPhi

By: .
by: tiersJan 26, 2013 4:11:58 PM

Tier 1: Kappa/DG

Tier 2: Theta/Alpha Phi

Tier 3: Tri Delt

Tier 4: Pi Phi/ADPi

Tier 5: Gamma Phi/AXO

By: tiers
by: hmmJan 26, 2013 11:29:14 PM

Okay honestly I don't love Pi Phi but I really don't think Tridelt is above them at all, and I do like Tridelts more. Pi Phi and Alpha Phi are much closer in rank, Tridelt and ADPi are much closer in rank. Sure maybe over time that will change but that's if Tridelt suddenly does WAY better in recruitment and if Pi Phi continues the slide, then that ranking will be true in a few years.

Tridelt did the same as they normally do as of late, kind of a mixed bag (with so many new mems it makes sense). The Top...5? definitely have a stronger retention rate during recruitment than them, and yes that includes Pi Phi

By: hmm
by: @hmmJan 28, 2013 3:38:08 AM

Hmm idk I'd say pi phi/tridelt are more equal these days.. pi phi has slipped DRASTICALLY and tridelt did basically the same but honestly-- their pledge classes are practically interchangeable. pi phi might only be above because of the cute older girls

By: @hmm
by: @@hmmJan 29, 2013 10:12:28 PM

I have to disagree, Pi Phi isn't it's best, but it hasn't slipped that much.

By: @@hmm
by: i thinkFeb 1, 2013 1:11:12 AM

I think across the board the top isn't as "hot" as it used to be in the early 2000s (when DG/Kappa/Theta/Pi Phi were hot hot hot and very separated from the rest of the pack). The middle and bottom is relatively the same as they were back in the day, although the houses themselves have changed (GPhi moved down, SDT didn't exist, ADPi and APhi were the bottom of the bottom, etc.)

upper:
dg/kappa the most competitive and have the most choice out of PNMs

theta is the next choice for most PNMs

pi phi has a slight edge over aphi because of tradition, but now....

aphi is seen as a very strong option by PNMs as well

lower:
tridelt the top of the "middle" tier houses that has cute party girls and strong social events but isn't social climbing like a phi to be competitive and have prestige

adpi is as highly regarded as tridelt but has more of a nice/cute girl reputation and so attracts a different type of girl, usually less "hot", more everygirl, and therefore ranked just a little lower

gphi is still slightly ranked higher than axo/sdt because of tradition (like pi phi being ranked higher than aphi only because of tradition), but is slipping fast

axo is more of a traditional sorority than set but has more drama, more standouts, but worse ran do's

sdt is smaller, off the row, improving from their old reputation but not quickly enough to catch up

By: i think
#79  by: @I think   

This is the most accurate assessment on here! As USC has risen academically and admitted a different type of student than ten years ago, there are fewer "hot" types getting into USC.There are still plenty of good-looking students, but the students today have looks but care more about academics than they used to and don't have time to stand in front of a mirror or go to a salon.

By: @I think
#80  by: yaaaa   

Okay this is from a guys perspective and I have been both a GDI and a member of the greek system.
1. DG(they can be known to be fake/only into guys in the top house but they are for sure the top idc what anyone says).
2. Kappa(they are rich snobby but they are pretty hot. Around 10 percent are hot, but the girls who are in the 10 percent are extremely hot, even hotter than most DG's the others are kinda so so/uglier than a lotta middle tier houses).
3. Theta- they are consistently hot and have great personalities
4. pi phi( they are barely better than alpha phi, but their older girls are hotter and they have some younger dimes)
5. Alpha phi( I feel like they might take Pi phi's spot but some younger ones are hot).

By: yaaaa

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.