facebook

liberal or conservative?

by: Politics

Is this school predominantly liberal or conservative? Is the Greek community more liberal of conservative?

Posted By: Politics
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

USC in general is rather liberal. The Greek system is conservative.

By: well
#2  by: Me   

I actually think this school is one of the more conservative colleges for California, and the Greek system does have some of the especially more conservatives! But opinions do vary depending on where people come from.. I'm from Massachusetts so I'm used to very liberal culture, and USC as a school is much more conservative than many schools out there. :)

By: Me
#3  by: Reality    

In general, college students tend too be liberal, while Greeks tend to be conservative. This is true for virtually every college.

By: Reality
#4  by: lol   

This school has soooo many conservatives...I'm from Seattle and I've never in my life been in a place with so many republicans (except maybe when I would go to my grandpa's country club). I honestly feel like my car would get keyed if I had a Bernie sticker and parked on the row.

By: lol
by: lolMar 22, 2016 4:29:39 AM

& while it's especially conservative among the greek system, I actually meet so many conservative GDIs. I feel like 90% of the GDIs I met freshman year were conservative. it makes me laugh that that one dude said that USC discriminates againt conservatives lmao they're all i meet

By: lol
#5  by: Make america great again   

Definitely a more Conservative school

By: Make america great again
#6  by: Trojan For Life   

Very liberal, especially in the film school. I have only met 1 conservative in my years at the school.

By: Trojan For Life
#7  by: Dude   

Two words RINI

By: Dude
#8  by: Paul   

USC still has a lot of conservative students, most hail from Orange 🍊 County, CA, but thank goodness the campus is changing, opening up, and becoming more progressive (like all truly top schools) little by little instead of staying behind in the Dark Ages. The stench, backwardness, and pretense that automatically comes with conservatism is still at Usc, but students know that conservatism is not sustainable when challenged by truth and academic rigor, so things are changing. USC May finally join top schools in the next few decades if it continues to open itself up to new ideas.

By: Paul
by: preach!Dec 23, 2019 12:52:55 PM

Preach!

By: preach!
by: MKJan 14, 2020 8:50:58 PM

What is wrong with you??? No one came on here shaming liberals for their beliefs, so why would you do that for conservatives? The question was about the general political climate at USC, not what your opinion was or whether conservatives "still live in the dark ages". This is exactly why polarization occurs on the political spectrum-because of baseless extreme claims like yours. I believe vocalization of your opinion is necessary, but this is not the place to do so.

By: MK
by: BloomJul 11, 2020 11:55:26 AM

Don't preach for us ya dummy

By: Bloom
by: Joe Oct 29, 2020 5:24:56 PM

Will you please stop?

"but students know that conservatism is not sustainable when challenged by truth and academic rigor"

Conservatism is simply to champion individual rights. Always has been and always will be. Republicans have a history they can be proud of. The Democrats are the party of slavery and all manner of things that they should be ashamed of. Forming groups that foment hate to gain political power is the sad history of the Democratic party.

I have an idea, focus on becoming a better person and stop worrying about changing other people.

By: Joe
#9  by: Operator   

Mostly liberal, phi Delt is the most liberal frat on campus

By: Operator
by: OkJul 11, 2020 1:14:04 PM

Did you hear what one of their members tried to do in the fish bowl? Look at survivors at usc on insta

By: Ok
by: ohJul 11, 2020 10:39:44 PM

oh shut the hell up

By: oh
#10  by: Nixie   

The worst thing that could happen is for this fine university to start embracing the liberal/communist ideas of the current left. What a bunch of crack pots!!!! Stay the course. Good luck!

By: Nixie

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.