facebook

minorities

by:    

Im from Alabama, Im also mexican. will that hurt my chances of getting in a sorority here? at every school i applied to in the south people said I wouldnt get a bid from any top or even middle house so I decided to come up north for school and Im wondering if greek life here is like it is in the south? do sororities and frats take minorities?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Every house here has some at least one minority. You'd be surprised.

By: yes
#2by:    

I'm from the south and I am in a top house here. Unfortunately, most houses do take token minorities, but I believe Greek life is for well-bred, classy, white, republican people from the upper class. If you don't fit all of those categories you don't belong in the Greek system, regardless of where you are in the country.

By: ugh
#3by:    

I honestly feel bad that you think that Greek life fits such a narrow spectrum of people. Do not listen to the person above. I'm also from the south and while houses may be more selective there, that is not the case at all at Purdue. Houses do not cut based off of whether or not you are a minority. Also, I have plenty of non-white, non-republican sisters from all walks of life. Greek life is for anyone that is willing to represent it well. What the Greek system doesn't actually need is narrow-minded girls like yourself.

By: Wow
#4by:    

Hang in there and go for it !

By: frat time
#5by:    

everyones welcome

By: grd
#6by:    

Your basing your school decision off of Greek life...I hope you can figure out better priorities

By: seriously..
#7by:    

dont be deterred

By: me
#8by:    

a phi, chi o and tri delt are all really diverse! they talk to all types of boys of all races and colors so im sure they'd let you in!

By: YES

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.