facebook

sorority rush

by: Blah

Is sorority rush competitive? If so, why? Thinking about rushing next year as a sophomore.

Posted By: Blah
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: My take   

I would say it is competitive, just because there's a lot of really smart, pretty girls with great personalities that go through and unfortunately even really great girls can fall through the cracks and get dropped from houses.

But even that being said, you really have zero control as a PNM so it's not even worth it to stress about competitiveness and compare yourself to others. They say it's "mutual selection" but it's not, the houses do the choosing. Yes, you list which ones you would prefer to go back to, but unless you are being desired by every single house, it's not really up to you (and it's VERY rare that every house wants a girl and she gets her pick, I've personally never seen a girl go through without being dropped at all at some point).

All you can do is be 100% genuine be yourself, make the best impression you can, and be happy with any houses that invite you back because they saw something in you. Do not dwell on the ones that drop you, it's not meant to be and there is a home waiting for you elsewhere with girls who see you as a sister.

Btw I rushed as a sophomore and got a house that I love, so it's definitely possible to have a good rush experience as a sophomore. Best of luck to you, I really encourage you to give recruitment a try!

By: My take
by: ThisFeb 1, 2019 4:32:17 PM

This is accurate. For anyone planning on going through sorority rush, when you get dropped by a house you really liked, have your moment to be upset and then pick yourself up and think about the things you liked about the houses that DID ask you back.

By: This
by: HmmFeb 17, 2019 6:28:00 PM

Yah, but what about those so called ‘unpopular ‘ and deadbeat sisters who rush pnm’s? They could be rushing a fabulous girl, but if the popular girls in the house say- ‘no way’. That poor pnm will NEVER have a chance to get a bid. Sad, but true. O

By: Hmm
#2  by: ??   

To kind of feed off of this post. What do sororities really think about juniors that go through rush?

By: ??
#3  by: fax   

Going through as a sophomore is easier. Sororities have a quota of upperclassmen to recruit in addition to freshmen, and because there are less sophomores, you are at a statistical advantage. Sophomores tend to end up in much higher tiers than they would've as freshmen (if you even care about tiers, which you shouldn't).

As for the person who asked about juniors, we don't really view you any differently. Yeah, we wonder why you haven't rushed before, but you'll still get placed the same as sophomores. HOWEVER, YOU might feel weird. The older girls will view you as a new member, but you'll feel very different and much older than the freshmen in your PC. You'll want to hang with older girls, but most of them will have already made their friend groups. Think about it, you're turning 21 while your PC is running around frats for the first time. It's a weird dynamic.

By: fax
by: ^Feb 14, 2019 12:36:37 PM

Do you know if fraternities have a sophomore quota to fill as well?

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.