facebook

What should PNMs know before rush

by: ?

I see a lot of conflicting stuff on here so what’s acc the truth

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yeah   

Sororities: anything that’s not kkg/pi phi is fine and you will have a good experience.

Frats: You will need strong connections and money for big 4 and chi psi. Outside of that you should aim for upper mid and mid tier houses (snu, sig chi, chi phi, pika, pikapp, ato). Ksig, sae, and Aepi are also decent options. Anything after that is probably not worth your time.

By: Yeah
by: !Aug 2, 2024 11:33:10 PM

This^ there are pros and cons to all the sororities on campus so yeah unless it’s pi phi/kkg, the one you end up with will most likely be the best fit for u so just have an open mind

By: !
by: yopoloverAug 3, 2024 11:17:08 AM

pi phi honestly is fine now

By: yopolover
by: Honest answerAug 3, 2024 12:21:40 PM

I think it’s funny to see stuff like this when the “top” sororities bully the crap out of each other. Trust me, I know they do. I say just go where you feel wanted and loved.

By: Honest answer
#2  by: oop   

being in pi phi is WAY better then being in kkg, they’ve def stepped it up

By: oop
by: hiAug 3, 2024 7:42:41 AM

this ^^^ kkg is social suicide being in pi phi is definitely not

By: hi
by: bruh Aug 3, 2024 12:18:48 PM

I know so many great girls from Pi Phi, people don’t realize that they’re really cool and actually like each other

By: bruh
by: WhatAug 3, 2024 12:32:11 PM

Being in pi phi IS social suicide— guys will laugh at you and the majority of girls in normal other sororities will wonder why you are in such an odd chapter. It’s not AS bad as kkg, but it’s still bad.

By: What
by: ?Aug 11, 2024 9:48:03 AM

Pi phi is such a mixed bag of girls who are salty they got dropped from better houses and girls who are just glad to not be kappas, they are seeking some status they just don’t have or need

By: ?
#3  by: Why?   

I have never understood why UNC houses go after each other like it's a sport. They pile on a house without realizing? caring? that they might be next. It happened to DZ, Phi Mu, Tri Sig, and the cycle keeps going. Why? Is it fun? Maybe stop? I think there's room for everybody at the party.

By: Why?
by: HAug 3, 2024 4:36:04 PM

I agree. I think even AXO had to close before. UNC has a very toxic cycle and it doesn’t seem like people understand that dogging on one chapter hurts their own eventually. There’s over 900 pnms everyone can get a full pledge class and stay on campus if we stop the cycle.

By: H
#4  by: plz   

Here’s the best advice you can get: go where you feel loved and can see yourself spending considerable time. Every house is a massive time commitment and monetary investment in general, and you do not want to pay to be miserable❤️ alumni networks and true friends last longer than the popularity contest in college does

By: plz
#5  by: trust ur gut    

1. being in a sorority is fun and it might seem like "everyone" is rushing but UNC has more people that aren't in greek life. this is not bama and you can still have a wonderful social life (maybe even better) if you make friends outside of greek life
2. when you are going through rush don't feel bad if houses drop you earlier on. You would rather get dropped from a house during the first two days rather than get to know them and feel a false sense of security just to not be offered a bid
3. rush is a numbers game. active members will advocate for girls they went to school with, their sisters, cousins, family friends, etc. that doesn't even include girls who had moms that were in these sororities. after all those spots are filled, there are only a maybe 30-20 spots left for girls that have no connections to the sorority. it's ok if you get dropped because ultimately you can only join one chapter
4. be nice and friendly at EVERY house you go to. your GXs and PJBs will be watching how you act and if they see you have a bad attitude that will not make you look good
5. have fun, be nice, and make friends during rush even if you don't join a chapter!

By: trust ur gut
#6  by: Advice    

Literally don’t listen to the negative things on Greek rank about any chapter. The only purpose of these message boards are for girls to anonymously tear eachother down and inflate their own chapter. Remember that the slander of certain chapters, especially bc zetas and pi phis seem to live on Greek rank, is just an attempt to make other chapters look better. Follow your heart and everything else will fall into place. No chapter is going to be social suicide, every chapter mixes with frats, and you will be much happier in a chapter you actually vibe with instead of one that you choose based on reputation

By: Advice
#7  by: panhellenic   

the best advice is to get off this website.

By: panhellenic
by: Yep Aug 10, 2024 10:57:14 AM

THIS!!!!!

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.