facebook

How do snap bids and fall COB work?

by:    

Just dropped out of pref… can someone explain how snap bids and COB work in the fall?

Posted By: Droppee
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

sooo many people dropped omg

By: hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Snap bids are given out tomorrow morning before bid day. They’re given out if a sorority doesn’t meet quota and the sorority already has a list made of girls who dropped who they’ll give snaps to which are girls who usually came back for pref. COBs are typically given out beginning of spring semester and unless you’re looking for pi phi, phi mu, kkg it’s way easier to get a bid if you have a connection. You’ll go on like 2-3 coffee dates with an active member and then extended a bid if they like you so it’s way more chill than formal rush.

By: S
by: kd   

KD gives out snap bids every year but they don’t broadcast it

By: kd
by: alum   

i got my COB 2 days after bid day

By: alum
by: Pnm   

KKG was giving out snap bids this morning

By: Pnm
by: Jealous   

One of my suitemates got a snap bid to kappa and a girl in my rush group got a snap bid to kd. I also heard from a semi reliable source that phi mu gave at least 1 snap bid too

By: Jealous
#3by:    

Why did you drop now?

By: Whoa
by: Droppee   

I found out I only had one house left for pref and it was a house I had no interest in. I tried to drop them repeatedly because while they were all very nice, I felt no connection to them. I didn’t want to waste their time because I knew I would not accept a bid from them and pay thousands in dues to join.

By: Droppee
#4by:    

Historically there are not enough spots for everyone who dropped and is looking for a snap bid. COB is way more chill but you need to get invited to some events or let the sorority know you're interested if they post on their story in the Spring. You usually attend COB events for primarily one sorority. Some don't like it if you shop them. Doesn't show commitment.

By: Numbers
#5by:    

So basically COB (for DDD, XO, KD, ADPI, ZTA) is only for girls who already have connections to people in the sorority. You will need to have established a solid friend or two who’ll be willing to rlly vouch for u- they’ll bring you on a coffee date or two, and then sometimes you’ll also be invited to an invite-only COB event. This usually happens in the spring!

By: oh
by: lmao   

zeta took 13 cobs so not really!!

By: lmao
#6by:    

COB can happen earlier based on chapter total. A house can make quota but be under the Chapter total (max) set by Panhellenic. This will take a few weeks to shake out. Some PNMs may drop too. Some nationals are fine with this, some will require that max number. It is a business and need full paying members. Depending on nationals they may also be considering transfers from other universities who are already sisters. This is not necessarily automatic. There are more spots in Spring due to graduations, drops, and how the nationals considers study abroad and extenuating circumstances etc.

By: Dilli
#7by:    

I’m on panhel exec and can confirm some snap bids have been given out today but will not identify the sororities that gave them. Only the pnm who receives a snap bid and a couple people in leadership roles at the sorority will ever know who was offered a snap bid.

By: Exec
by: Numbr   

Not surprised quota looks to be high this year. Big PCs.

By: Numbr
by: pnm   

Can you receive multiple snap bid offers or is only one allowed and how is it decided which one if that is the case?

By: pnm
#8by:    

What time is bid day??

By: !

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.