facebook

Frat rush fall

by:    

OOS student here, trying to find out some info on rush. Haven’t really been able to find anything online. What’s the deal? When does it start? Is there anything to put our name on prior to school?

I’m not an idiot and realize OOS and knowing nobody (a few girls in the years above, but obv that’s not gonna help) puts me behind. I’m not chasing status or tiers, just want the experience/vibe/life of the frat.

Posted By: Newhere
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You do have to register for rush. The link is on the ifc Instagram page.

By: Register
by: Rush   

Rush is more informal at UNC so you have to rush with guys that have invites or reach out to frats instas/websites. Frats want you to come to their house so just put yourself out there and you’ll be good

By: Rush
#2by:    

Just go out and make friends with people going places and move in as early as you can. Most places will be more than happy to have you come over in the beginning and just ask a brother to be put on the rush list.

By: frat

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: House   

Where will you be living? If you’re in Granville make friends with other guys that are rushing, lots of those in granville

By: House
by: Anonymous   

Just come over? Like as soon as you move in are you supposed to go to their houses or should you reach out to the rush chairs and let them know you’re interested? I know a couple frats have posted rush info on their insta which is nice I hope all end up doing that.

By: Anonymous
#3by:    

When do frats start closing open rush and begin handing out bids? Do events begin next week already? Seriously, nothing’s out there at all.

By: Oos nube
#4by:    

Everything will be okay. Frat rush is way more chill than sorority rush you can relax. Formal recruitment starts August 16th, bid extension deadline is August 26th, bid acceptance deadline is august 28th. Frats will have dirty rush events next week though, if you move in and are around people who are also rushing you will be able to find events to go to.

By: Calm
by: Huh   

Clearly written by a girl bc frats don’t refer to anything as dirty rush. Rush starts as soon as you move in. You need to register. Go to all the houses and after the first few days you will get invited back to the ones that like you back for their invite only events. These will be off campus ( not in the frat houses) Bids are given out gradually. Some get a bid right away bc they have a connection and some don’t get them until the end. I’d limit the invite only events to 2 maybe 3 frats at most bc it will limit your exposure if you go to too many. Don’t do phi delt. They don’t have an active charter or house currently. Don’t let them tell you otherwise.

By: Huh
#5by:    

Register and then try to find more people around you that r rushing to go out to events with them

By: Ok

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.