facebook

why are srats so lenient with cobs?

by:    

i've seen this with tri delta, aphi, and zeta specifically-- why are these srats so picky during actual rush and holding pnms to a higher standard? it seems like during spring rush/COB they take just about anyone with almost zero standards when accepting, maybe the only thing being taken into consideration is if they have a friend in the srat. the only weird or questionable members i've met from all three of these srats have all been COBs (coincidence? i think not), so is it way easier to get a bid from a relatively good srat during spring rush or something? honestly don't know why any of them constantly lower their standards for spring rush

Posted By: notsopickyanymore
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I have wondered this too. Especially with the sororities mentioned

By: Yes
#2by:    

Nah fr u can literally look at certain girls and tell that they were COBs appearance wise cuz they aren’t the same level and their personalities are so much “quirkier💀”and it always makes sense when they say it, if they say they’re in one of these 3 and they aren’t that attractive it’s probably a cob.

By: Skin
#3by:    

kd has given out snap bids for many years and it’s easy to guess who gets them because they always have random girls in their PCs that people are like wtf why are these girls here

By: Ikr
by: lit   

Literally the exact same for tridelt

By: lit
#4by:    

Ikr

By: Wdym

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

Esp true for tridelt...no wonder their rep has been slipping because their cobs just ...

By: yea
#6by:    

That’s why some of these sororities have such a random mixed bag of girls and how their number of weird girls keeps increasing

By: unc
#7by:    

The cobs in Chi O made the srat weirder. Some cobs help a srat… but others ruin it

By: Ew
by: huh?   

i thought the only year they took cobs was 2020…

By: huh?
#8by:    

Can't wait to see this be done again in Tridelt. Their rep's alr in the dumps tho soooooooo cant get worse I assume

By: Lmao
#9by:    

Right because you can totally determine if a girl belongs in your house based on one zoom call with a sister. …Or maybe there are some rich, hot, smart, funny, cool girls who didn’t go to a big school in Charlotte, so they don’t have any connections and got overlooked by a hurried and flawed system.

By: LOL
by: Yep   

Everything you just mentioned sounds like how kd picks their bid list. If you have a high school connection to a sister, esp if you’re from OOS, they’re promising you a bid. I met tons of girls when I was trying to find my freshman roommate and multiple girls were telling me months before we even got to chapel hill that they were going to be in kd just because they knew someone already in kd who promised them a bid. Some of the coolest girls i know at UNC had no connections and certain sororities barely acknowledged them but that’s what happens when sororities go through recruitment with a pretermined list of who they want. The coolest girls in panhel didn’t go to Broughton, Page, Myers Park, or boarding school, a lot of them are from small towns or OOS. Certain sororities here needs to do a better job of keeping an open mind during recruitment. PNMs are asked to do so and it’s unfair if they don’t receive the same consideration

By: Yep
by: Honestly   

Some of the weirdest girls I’ve ever met went to Page

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.