facebook

Facts on diversity

by: White supremacy

As someone who has gone through the rush process and been involved for the past two years, I just want to make it clear for all poc with their questions. As harsh as it may sound, if sororities wanted diversity or even valued diversity, they would have diversity especially the top tier ones. Don’t force yourself in a place your not wanted and end up the token poc friend. Many poc I know don’t end up with a bid. The whole diverse and inclusive stuff is bs because they don’t even include their white counterparts at times. Save your self the backhanded compliments rooted in light racism and ignorance and just go for the middle to low tier.

Posted By: White supremacy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Cry about it   

Greek life is for elite white people, it was literally made to get rid of y’all from our social circles. I wouldn’t go to Howard and then complain about the lack of white people.

By: Cry about it
by: OkurrJun 11, 2022 7:04:33 PM

If by elite white people you mean peaked in hs then sure.

By: Okurr
by: Get well soonJun 11, 2022 7:13:09 PM

The way you literally just proved this persons post.

By: Get well soon
#2  by: My opinion   

I usually only come to Greek Rank for entertainment purposes but felt compelled to speak up after seeing this post. These are my thoughts so do with them whatever you want. Some of the coolest women I know in sororities here are WOC. I’m in ADPi and my sorority is filled with amazing women, including WOC. I know some incredible WOC in many other sororities as well. During recruitment last year there were WOC that my sorority really wanted, not because of the color of their skin but because of their character and personality. I would be horrified if they thought they were just filling a diversity quota because that is so far from the truth. Every WOC in my sorority is loved and valued and I am proud to say they are my sisters and friends. I don’t know of anyone in my sorority or other sororities at UNC who would not want someone to join their sorority because of their skin color. Not saying that doesn’t exist but I think the people who are discriminatory don’t reflect the majority.

By: My opinion
by: WhyJun 13, 2022 1:36:37 PM

I don’t know why my response was deleted but I agree with this. My sorority also welcomes and embraces diversity and some of my closest friends in Greek life are poc

By: Why

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.