facebook

spring sorority rush

by:    

Do the sororities at UNC do spring rush? Do all of them participate? Should I just wait and rush next fall?

Posted By: sisonfnrieiwgjd
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

usually about 4-5 of the sororities do. Spring is definitely less stressful, so if you’re interested in joining and see some chapters doing it that you’re interested in I would go for it.

By: yes
by: question   

do you know which chapters generally do and do not have spring rush?

By: question
#2by:    

it really varies. Sororities do spring rush if they're below quota (could be if they didn't meet quota at fall rush, members have dropped, or seniors graduate early).
When I was there, KKG, Pi Phi, Sigma openly went through spring recruitment and others was sort of word of mouth for friends of members. Obviously, sigmas not on campus anymore so idk

By: alum
#3by:    

Honestly spring rush is really only worthwhile if you have friends in the sorority you’re interested in joining. Also, from what I’ve heard most chapters are at or past quota and will not be participating in spring rush. Personally I would wait until fall - I joined my chapter fall of sophomore year and had a great experience with that. That being said, you really need to have friends where you’re interested in rushing.

By: member
#4by:    

Don't know too much about what's going on this year in particular and my chapter is not doing spring rush- in general though, it's usually kappa and possibly pi phi doing open spring rush. Any other sorority with spots will fill them privately with girls they already know of, such as from recommendations from current members. Without friends in certain sororities, you are very limited and honestly better off waiting until the fall. Even throughout the semester, I have heard of some sororities like zeta and phi mu who have already given COBs out privately to girls they know. Aphi used to give a fair amount of COBs but it looks like this year they have much better numbers so they will also likely either not be giving any bids or be doing so privately like most other sororities. The reality is, most of the sororities only have to fill a few spots of any girls who may have dropped, graduated midyear, or gone abroad/associate status and it's not enough for them to do a whole spring rush. You'll have to see.

By: spring

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.