facebook

sophomore

by:    

I was thinking about about going through formal recruitment in the fall as a sophomore and was wondering how competitive it was compared to going through it as a freshmen. Are there certain ones that you have to know somebody as a sophomore to get in?

Posted By: rushie
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Are you a guy or a girl?

Guy: Historically, Big 4 houses don't take sophomores. I can't imagine there would be an exception unless you knew someone (or multiple people). It's a possible disadvantage at the other top houses that again, would be much more easily overcome if you know someone. For most of the middle tier and lower, it shouldn't matter. Don't call it "formal recruitment."

Girl: they all prefer freshmen. They will all take sophomores in theory, but you would be in a much better position if you know somebody.

By: Well
#2by:    

Untrue. Every fraternity takes sophomores. DKE, Beta, Phi Delt, Phi Gam, Chi Phi, and SAE all take sophomores.

By: Heels
#3by:    

honestly if you're a girl, rushing as a sophomore is so much easier than rushing as a freshman. each house has a quota they need to meet for upperclassmen. I rushed as a soph/almost junior (based off credits) and got into top tier houses

By: jkashd

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

I rushed as a sophomore this past fall. Everyone told me it would be soo much easier since I was a sophomore (with a great GPA). However this was not the case. Apparently that was because more sophomores rushed this fall than usual. Anyway, you (basically) HAVE to know people/have a good friend in a "top tier" sorority to get in. Places where I didn't know people I was cut from early on. I was honestly really surprised that I was cut from so many houses, but everything worked out in the end. It was just much more competitive than I was expecting as a sophomore.

By: harder

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.