facebook

Are the recently unrecognized frats still rushing

by:    

I heard that phi gam and ksig are gonna be able to live in their house next year and received their charters back. Does this mean they will be rushing as per usual and if so do you expect them to get sizable pledge classes to account for their setbacks? Also, what’s the word on Beta? I heard they haven't really made any progress from a national standpoint.

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

In my experience, it’s very dicey to join any frat suspended (not recognized) by the university. Proceed at your own risk w/ “underground” frats.

By: IMHO
by: ^   

Kappa sig is getting reinstated from the university very soon according to their executive council

By: ^
by: Who cares   

Kappa sig is not good

By: Who cares
#2by:    

Personally I would steer clear of these 3 in the fall, way too many unknowns with all of them

By: Kevin
#3by:    

First of all, chances are if you did join them there’s still more to be said and done about what happened and they aren’t off that easy so proceed with caution. Second of all if beta and phi gam were rushing you’d know because they would contact you. They know who they’re bidding before the semester even starts

By: Lol
#4by:    

Yeah, definitely have to be careful, don’t want to be like Phi Delts pledge class last fall, accepting a bid to a frat and then finding out after the fact that they were in serious trouble, and then not actually going to have a fraternity to join at all. All those guys got screwed.

By: Yup
#5by:    

It sounds like they’re all going to be ok in the long run but just proceed at your own risk. Also keep in mind it was a few bad apples that ruined the entire batch but unfortunately, the organizations as a whole have had to deal with the mess

By: Unc

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: BS   

A few bad apples? Brothers, especially those living in these houses, knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it. Whole fraternities are entirely complicit. I’d like to think my brothers/friends would call me out if I was doing something dangerous and stupid that was putting my entire frat at risk. Weak af. But go ahead and join these underground “frats” if that’s the kind of people you want to associate with.

By: BS
by: Yep   

GDI alert

By: Yep
by: rlly   

nobody ever said to join these frats

By: rlly
#6by:    

Kappa sig already heard back from the university stating they will be reinstated very soon. Not sure about beta and phi gam though

By: Update
#7by:    

If beta and phi gam were having rush dude they would already have reached out to you about it. Focus on other frats. Slim chance to get a bid to any frat without connections. Especially those

By: Lmao
by: Truth    

That’s not true- I know several kids at both that got bids without connections- beta and phi gam are just fine snd will have pledge classes-

By: Truth
#8by:    

Just read that. Had no idea. details are Pretty damning. Def more than “a few bad apples”

By: Wow

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.