facebook

Opinions on SAE?

by: uncrush2021

I’m a freshman rushing this semester and wanted to hear what people thought of SAE. Heard they have a solid PC and rumors that they are coming back and have been having good parties/improving sorority relations.

Posted By: uncrush2021
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: wow   

My last post was deleted, which says a lot that they have to pay to take down posts. I will restate my last post (and continue to do so if this keeps getting deleted, as I believe this is important for everyone to know): they are not affiliated with both SAE nationals and UNC IFC. This means they have no rules to follow and are not even technically a fraternity, which is very risky for anyone who decides to go to parties there or for the brothers themselves. They're just a bunch of guys living in a house with no accountability. This is why they are throwing big parties right now with no risk of facing consequences from the school or nationals (but this means that individual brothers have a high likelihood of getting charged by the police if caught). I would not rush there or even go there for that matter. Some of them are good guys from what I can tell and this is not a hate post about members, I just think people should be aware of how SAE is run, especially for guys considering joining.

By: wow
#12  by: SAE In the Know   

Actually they are recognized by nationals and have a strong alumni presence who works with nationals. Their dues still go towards the national association each semester. So there is definitely a national presence and recognition going on despite what UNC IFC thinks.

By: SAE In the Know
by: nopeFeb 3, 2021 2:23:22 AM

Hmmmm no. One of the brothers literally told me they are not affiliated with the national organization (and that's not something to lie about). I don't doubt they have an alumni presence but that doesn't mean they are still officially recognized by nationals.

By: nope

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.