facebook

Transfer process

by:    

hey so potential transfer here. im already in a srat at my current college and they have the same one at unc. I also have a few connections within this certain unc srat chapter and I was wondering how hard it would be to join it as a transfer, when I already am a sister within that organization. can they turn me down? or do I have to interview? also do you think it would it be helpful to reach out to the chapter if im going to visit next semester?? idrk how it would work so any advice/opinions helps!!! hopefully that made sense lol

Posted By: blah
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Where are you transferring from? That will impact my answer hands down

By: Yes
by: blah   

I don't want to say specifically incase someone is reading this that might judge me for asking greek rank for advice lmao, but a medium/big-sized state school in the mid-Atlantic region (about 20,000 undergrad). greek life is pretty prominent at my school too. my sister was in the same sorority as I am now except she went to UNC, so I do have at least some sort of connection to the UNC chapter but I'm just not sure how the process works. from what I've read from greek rank/heard from others it is considered a "top tier" srat so that can be a little intimidating, especially not knowing anyone that is currently in the chapter

By: blah
#2by:    

I can’t speak for other srats, but I know one, you just have to wait a bit of time for the transfer. It’s almost like the initiate period again, except much shorter, and just to verify everything more or less. I would just reach out to a member of the srat that you know so you can get in touch and get that started!

By: hey

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

If the UNC chapter doesn’t think you’re a fit they will advise you to go to alumni status so be prepared for that possibility. There isn’t a guarantee they’ll transfer your membership to their chapter.

By: Well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.