facebook

Heyyyyyy transferring from UVA give me the rundown

by: Srat transfer

Ladies! I'm a second year transferring to UNC from UVA. I'm originally from gastonia and that in state tuition called me back. I loved uva greek life and am worried about fitting in at unc.i def want to rush and am not sure what srat would be best for me. Any advice? I want to be in a classy srat that focuses on philanthropy. Partying is important too but mostly I want solid sisterhood. Happy 2021

Posted By: Srat transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Srat   

Your best bet is to just rush and see where you fit in and what you like.

By: Srat
#2  by: Curious   

If you loved uva Greek life why didn’t you rush there? Will you be going through recruitment as a junior? That will be tough if you don’t have connections.

By: Curious
by: Srat transfer Jan 2, 2021 4:43:23 PM

Bc it was expensive and I knew I was going to transfer before graduation. Seemed dishonest. But I loved hanging out with greek life. Yes I will be a junior . I don't know too many people at unc but I am ready to meet new people!

By: Srat transfer
#3  by: No chance   

Newsflash, it’s going to be just as expensive and you’re simply not getting a bid as a junior, especially without connections. It’s tough but it is what it is.

By: No chance
by: Srat transfer Jan 2, 2021 8:42:23 PM

Also it would be cheaper since I only have 2 years even if I have to pay more, no? Since my first two years don't count. Basically I could pay 2x as much and I'd still be ahead. # winning

By: Srat transfer
#4  by: Yuck   

This girl sounds like drama lmao. Yikes.Good luck at unc sweety :) we play rough here
You ain't at UVa anymore hun. Just be ready, we don't care about your VA connections down here. NC is a wholllllle different ballgame (and way better)

By: Yuck
by: YuckJan 2, 2021 8:49:56 PM

Also literally nobody cares about gastonia lmao weird flex. Like ohhhhh you're from the rough streets huh? You just come off as arrogant, tone it down a bit sweet pea.

By: Yuck
by: wowJan 6, 2021 11:15:40 PM

You're the one sounding like drama "sweety". What you're describing is simply the high school cattiness that only exists in the top tiers. Your superiority complex ain't a good look and news flash, connections aren't everything (also please learn some grammar).

By: wow
by: WhoaJan 7, 2021 8:44:58 AM

@yuck you’re making UNC look bad. We are awesome and I don’t know what you’re talking about with your play rough comment.

By: Whoa
#5  by: My thoughts   

If sisterhood is your main focus look at kappa, phi Mu, or pi phi. Most of the srats here focus on philanthropy and are classy. It might be better for you to do spring rush at uva and then transfer to unc’s chapter than it will be to rush as a junior here with no connections.

By: My thoughts
by: Thank youJan 5, 2021 11:10:36 AM

Everyone’s being so catty on this thread but this is solid, honest advice - I second those sororities!

By: Thank you
#6  by: Uhhhhh   

Good luck. You're going to need it. You should have rushed at uva. Having no connections is a bad look

By: Uhhhhh
#7  by: some truth   

From my experience, a lot of girls here drop their sororities by junior year since they’re getting to the age where they can drink at bars. Just doesn’t seem worth it by then

By: some truth
by: LolJan 4, 2021 11:09:08 PM

Das Cap

By: Lol
by: NopeJan 4, 2021 11:38:13 PM

Not really

By: Nope

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.