facebook

Cob mistake...should I just wait ?

by: Worried

I just got a cob bid to a low tier house and am really thinking I’m making a mistake I’ll regret later! People are telling me to drop now and just hold out till spring or fall next year.

Posted By: Worried
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Try    

Give them a chance. You might like them. If you don’t you can always drop before initiation and rush again next Fall.

By: Try
#2  by: Well   

Why do you think you’re making a mistake? It sounds like you think you’re too good for a low tier house but apparently the mid and top tier houses must’ve thought you werent good enough for them. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here whining about a cob that other girls would probably love to have.

By: Well
#3  by: Gtg    

I know sisters that are unhappy in top tier sororities. If you don’t feel it’s for you then don’t pledge. But it’s always nice to feel wanted and go where you are actually appreciated and maybe have more of a chance of being an officer and being able to bring in your friends at some point.

By: Gtg
#4  by: hm   

Don't let people guilt you into accepting a COB from a sorority you aren't excited about. Ask yourself whether you would rather be in that sorority or no sorority -- there's so much else to get involved with on campus, you can be perfectly happy without Greek life. It's not worth your time and money if it isn't what you want. If you do think there's a chance you could end up loving it, then give it a try, you can always drop. Just be honest with yourself about what you want and where you fit in.

By: hm
#5  by: Well   

You seem like you are in Greek life for the wrong reasons. And whoever is telling you to drop and that your house isn’t a top house isn’t your friend. They are trying to make you feel bad about yourself because they are insecure

By: Well
#6  by: Rush   

Only join somewhere where you really want to join! Don't give in to peer pressure from friends and others

By: Rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.