facebook

out of state

by:    

I rushed this fall at unc and am a freshman that came here from ny. I got a bid from 1 of my bottom 2 choices and I fell like I don't fit in. not sure what to do I did want to join sorority but I kinda feel like being from out of state really hurt me

Posted By: maggie
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Don't sell yourself short for a bid that doesnt even fit - bottom choice. You can drop and go forward. This is such a small part of UNC - you can have an amazing college experience whether you are in a house or not. There are only so many bids available in the better houses; why go forward as a pledge in a house that you didn't want? A lot of girls dropped this year for the same reason i am sure. Greek life is great but not when the house that is not for you.

By: .....
#2by:    

thanks - that's how I was feeling - if I turn down Bid and still find that next year I still want greek life - am I allowed to rush as a soph?

By: maggie
#3by:    

Absolutely! Enjoy your freshman year - it will be great! You are at an amazing school and meet so many people this year - lots to be involved in too.

By: .....
#4by:    

I would advise you to stick with it for a week or two. You may find that the sorority is a lot different than you thought it was originally. You have all the way until initiation to drop (6-8 weeks from now) so I would say give the girls a chance! I guarantee the girls who you got a bid with want you there and want to get to know you.

By: unc sorority girl
#5by:    

Stay a few weeks before making a decision. Get to know the women in the house and your fellow pledges -you may be pleasantly surprised. If you still feel it's not for you, of course you can drop out. Best of luck.

By: J
#6by:    

rushing as a sophomore though doesn't always give you a better chance of getting the one you want. every sorority is great if you ended up there that's probably where you should be, give it a chance.

By: a
#7by:    

Agreed. I just rushed as a sophomore and it ended up hurting me in the end because more upperclassmen end up rushing than you think will. Also alot of sororities don't want to take too many upperclassmen (just enough to make their upperclassmen quotas). I'm also oos and felt that if I had rushed as a freshman oos rather than a soph oos that I would have had a better chance of getting a bid from a sorority I wanted. You ultimately end up where you belong though so I would say stick it out for a few weeks and then decide if you want to drop.

By: soph oos rushing

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.