facebook

should i pledge

by: Concerned rushee

As a freshman from out of state, I rushed this year and definitely want to pledge at some point. However I had almost no connections coming in and I really didn't to all the places I wanted to go and feel like I won't get a bid Ill want this semester. Does fraternity spring rush have any bids from the good frats or can a sophomore get a decent bid? Also can I still get into parties and stuff without being in a frat?

Posted By: Concerned rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Eh   

Out of the top tier fraternities (Phi Delt, Phi Gam, DKE, Beta, Chi Phi, SAE), only Chi Phi did spring rush last year. That being said, you can definitely join a good fraternity as a sophomore. If you didn't find a house that you really like, don't pledge. It won't be worth it.

By: Eh
#2  by: ??   

Where did you rush?

By: ??
#3  by: Well   

It really only depends where you feel like you fit in and belong. Go to a place that has solid academics but still likes to have fun. Also take the pledge class into consideration, because that is what really matters in the end. Pledging in the spring/as a sophomore won't be nearly as fun or exciting as it would be right now. Do what feels right, go with your gut.

By: Well
#4  by: 3 Points of Advice   

(1) Spring Rush is a different animal. Only one of the top tier houses did Spring Rush last year, it could be 0 of 6 this year. For the middle tier, pledge classes are generally much smaller than in the fall. Pledge brothers are super important and (usually) the more the merrier.

(2) That said, you can have an awesome fraternity experience at UNC outside of the top tier, the snootiness of this website aside. The guy above is correct. Go with your gut, and go where YOU fit best, even if that's not Beta/DKE/Phi Delt/Phi Gam/SAE/Chi Phi.

(3) No matter what, don't pledge a house that you don't like. Not worth it AT ALL.\n\n\n\n\n

By: 3 Points of Advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.