facebook

whats the deal with phi gam

by: Rush

Why do a lot of people seem to rag on Phi Gam? I hear a lotta talk that they aren't really big 4 caliber but are riding off tradition. Is this true? I don't really care much about the big 4 status but is this place declining?

Posted By: Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Different   

It's a different type of guy at Phi Gam than the other five houses mentioned above. Phi Delt, DKE, and SAE have guys from all over. Beta and Chi Phi are in-state with some southern out of state. Phi Gam is pretty much all rich kids weighing about 150 lbs. who grew up east of I-95 and will head back there after college to take over daddy's boat dealership. There's no shame in that, but if you don't fit that description, I might look to pledge elsewhere.

By: Different
by: chiAug 28, 2013 6:51:59 PM

I think phi gam has gotten a bit more diverse recently with some greensboro and winston guys, but still mostly rich nc bros

By: chi
#2  by: Probation   

They also got put on social probation as of yesterday, so you might want to keep that in mind. Check the Daily Tar Hell article.

By: Probation
#3  by: heels   

Chi phi has essentially taken phi gams spot in the big 4.

By: heels
#4  by: ehhh   

I don't know about that. The Big 4 will always just be DKE, Phi Gam, Phi Delt, and Beta weather they are awesome or suck, its just kinda engrained in the system. But with that said I do think that SAE and Chi Phi are at about the same level.

By: ehhh
#5  by: H   

Big 4 is a relatively new term ie like 10-15 years. There will be changes and chi phi taking phi gams spot is probably gonna happen

By: H
#6  by: Will Plyler   

Petition to move Sigma Nu into the Big 4 and kick Phi Gam out? We're just the classic fratdogs

By: Will Plyler
by: nopeNov 25, 2013 3:32:35 PM

I hope you are joking. SigNu will always be a low-tier fraternity

By: nope
#7  by: Hilarious   

^^^^This

By: Hilarious
#8  by: Impartialbfc   

The only reason why phigam gets a bad rep on this site is because sigma nu guys have nothing better to do with their time than rag on other fraternities...

By: Impartialbfc
#9  by: Seriously?   

Dude, your definitely in Phi Gam or else you wouldn't get so butthurt. Sigma Nu is by far the better fraternity.

By: Seriously?
#10  by: ^   

Phi Gam try hard who got balled from
Sigma Nu

By: ^
by: NeutralFratterNov 29, 2013 1:20:11 PM

^ I don't think Sigma Nu has ever balled anyone.

Phi Gam is lower Top Tier and Sig Nu is bottom Middle Tier, probably 11th or 12th overall. Somewhere in the Zete/Pika/PKP mix.

These posts from Sig Nus over the last 2 days are comically embarrassing.

By: NeutralFratter

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.