facebook

finance/investment banking?

by: financebro

I've always wanted to pursue a career in investment banking, so which fraternities on campus have the best hookups within the finance industry or on Wall Street?

Posted By: financebro
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bro   

Dude dke runs wall street

By: Bro
#2  by: Financing   

First off, do NOT pick a fraternity based solely on Wall Street connections. That's just dumb. However, Zeta Psi is probably your best bet for Wall Street. They're kind of average now, but they have super powerful alumni on Wall Street. Just look them up. I've also heard that the grandson of Julian Robertson is in Chi Phi. Not sure if that's true or not. Also, to the above poster, DKE is more southern money, so they probably have the same amount of connections as any other fraternity.

By: Financing
by: DudeAug 13, 2013 4:50:20 PM

DKE has had 5 US Presidents, and have big chapters at Northeastern schools like Yale. They definitely have Wall Street connections.

By: Dude
#3  by: Truth   

Connections notwithstanding, you've got to get into b-school first. Choose a house with good grades that is also fun. SAE and Phi Delt could be good places to start. Chi Psi has a lot of good students and would work too, if you don't care about prestige.

I'll credit the guy above to some extent (Erskine Bowles is an I-banking legend, and was a Zete), but it's not like you're going to randomly call Erskine and ask for help getting a job. Pick the best house for you and study hard. But not too hard.

By: Truth
#4  by: no   

You don't have to get into the B-school. Economics is still a good option.

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.