facebook

transfer sorority rush

by: PTM

So I'm pretty set on transferring to Carolina next Fall as a sophomore and I was wondering how brutal/competitive recruitment is at UNC? I'll be coming from an SEC school where many girls get COMPLETELY cut/dropped from rush (which is my biggest fear) and I was wondering if complete cuts happen at UNC often? I guess just in relation to an SEC school...how competitive is UNC's recruitment process?

Posted By: PTM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: most   

everyone gets a bid from somewhere. I've only heard of a handful of people who were completely dropped by every house.

By: most
#2  by: l   

SEC rush is notoriously brutal and I don't think compares to UNC. It's difficult to get in the top houses, sure, but everyone gets a bid. And now with the sophomore quota, they all have to take a certain amount of sophomores

By: l
#3  by: Rush   

Most girls will end up getting a bid from somewhere. However, it is competitive to get into some of the top houses (tri delt, chi o, kd) and even some of the middle tier houses are tough to get into (adpi, zeta, axo)....Recommendations and knowing people in the sorority usually help a fair amount.

By: Rush
#4  by: a   

From what I've heard, 1000 girls are rushing this year and only 500 are getting bids. That's obviously assuming all 1000 girls actually go all the way through rush, but based on the numbers you can expect a lot more competition than how it has been in the past.

By: a
#5  by: No "a"   

You heard wrong. Quota(the maximum # of bids a sorority can give out) is set after Pref. parties, based on the # of girls that go to prefs. If 1000 girls make it to prefs, they could all end up with a bid.

By: No "a"

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.