facebook

should i re-rush?

by:    

Hi, I rushed last fall and only got 4 invites back after open house and I went in with an open mind but got cut again from 2 of the 4 chapters I liked so I decided to drop out of rush. I don't understand where I went wrong and it's been killing my confidence to know that 13 out of 17 sororities veto-ed me off the bat. If I do rush again what should I do to better my chances?

Posted By: PNM'13
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You can always give it another go! Not getting invited back to a certain house has nothing to do with who you are as a person. You can only get a bid from one house. If you know women from home who are in a sorority, you can ask them to submit a letter of rec. That will most likely get you past Open House in the houses you have recs for. Also, make sure to highlight your on-campus involvement when you sign up for recruitment. Good luck!

By: @PNM13
by: OP   

Thanks

By: OP
#2by:    

Ignore what that person about weight/appearance. This website is notorious for trolling. Be YOU. Like just a dude said, sororities actually don't place much emphasis on looks. In recruitment, everything depends on who you talk to.

By: @OP

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Be nice about weight. You don't understand how words can affect people. OP is not plus-sized. Even if she was, it wouldn't matter. For those of you who are spending their time making fun of others, why don't you channel your energy into something more constructive?

By: @everyone
#4by:    

You probably didn't get more invites because you lack social skills or are just someone that people don't enjoy being around. Go join an RSO because Greek life clearly is not for you.

By: Reality
#5by:    

Okay so listen. Don't listen to who is being a jerk over here, they're just trolling because they are bored and have no life. Rush again! I didn't rush my freshman year and rushed sophomore year. It's a bit harder as a sophmore but you just need to focus on being yourself and friendly and it'll work out! Good luck!

By: Hey
#6by:    

Who is the jerk ripping this OP for no reason.
Obvious from reading this post that this whole website is just a bunch of nasty trolls.
Better to go over to Greek chat with any questions.
This board does not have moderators

By: Wow
#7by:    

If your grades are good, that will help too. Top houses are the ones that have the highest grade averages so they will drop girls with lower grades as incoming freshmen because they don't want them to drag down their averages. I agree to disregard the comments about appearance. You'll see that there are all kinds of looks in sororities as well as fraternities. In fact, I'd say that on the whole, a much larger percentage of sorority girls are stunning than fraternity guys that are even moderately good looking.

By: @OP

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.