facebook

rush

by: Sophomore

What is the chance of getting a bid at a good sorority if I am rushing as a sophomore? Is there a quota for sophomores?

Posted By: Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honestly   

Rushing as a sophomore DOES change the experience. I would know, I rushed as one. It all depends on what you consider a "good sorority"; if you're only considering top houses, probably not. It's already extremely competitive to get into upper-middle/middle houses; freshman are more abundant and more sought after. So when going through the rushing process, don't mention the fact that you are a sophomore. Chances are they already know, so no need to reiterate the fact that they'll be losing a years worth of dues by giving you a bid. Ultimately you just need to be the complete package when rushing, and realistically know where you stand in comparison to other girls. Look good, have genuine/memorable convos, and showcase yourself as an asset (academically, socially, etc).

Sophomores have their work cut out for them the most, your rush process may be more about who wants you, than who you want. So make yourself wanted by everyone.

By: honestly
by: LegacyMay 6, 2014 10:25:26 PM

Does being a legacy help?

By: Legacy
by: honestlyMay 6, 2014 10:47:48 PM

Not sure. From what I've seen, if there's a girl that a house really, really wants, and she's "better" than the legacy, then the better girl would get chosen. But obviously not all houses have the save values.

By: honestly
by: @ honestlyMay 6, 2014 11:08:50 PM

Can I ask what your experience was like? How was it being a sophomore with mostly freshman?

By: @ honestly
#2  by: soph   

You can definitely get a bid from a top house as a soph! As long as you're nice and cool you'll be fine

By: soph
#3  by: tbh   

I rushed as a sophomore. That being said, don't be deterred when you feel you made a strong connection with a good house but they do not ask for you back the next day solely because you are a sophomore. Being a sophomore does count against you. For some sororities you count as 2 members instead of 1 out of a specific quota for the pledge class so they try to get freshmen and this typically applies to the better houses. I personally love the house I'm in and glad things worked out for me and I hope the same happens to you!

By: tbh
#4  by: Rush    

Ho in with an open mind and things will work out....better to do it!!

By: Rush
#5  by: Rush   

Keep your options open

By: Rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.