facebook

the subject is over

by:    

There are no queens at Illinois any more. Everybody wants the word to go away because it's such a 19th century appellation. Everyone is tired of people making fun of us because we call our top tier queens. Also the mobility that's opened up with release of grades has given people the push they needed to dump the word.

Posted By: QUEENS
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Keep telling yourself that

By: 15
#2by:    

Clearly written by a DG. The poor DGs are the ones to whom the "queen" title means the most and who deserve it the least. No one is "telling" anyone anything. I'm just reporting the consensus.

By: @1
by: who   

who is the neurotic freak obsessed with bashing DG

By: who
#3by:    

ha ha! So true. The only thing the DGs have going for them is that they used to be queens. I agree. The term "queens" is dead.

By: ^^^^^
by: obsessed   

someone is OBSESSED with DG
kind of sad

By: obsessed
#4by:    

And the DGs are second tier and lucky to be that. AXOs are even lower and still lucky to not be a bottom house like their grades.

By: yeah
by: really?????   

DG and AXO are top tier.
Give us all a break you delusional wannabee

By: really?????
#5by:    

Yes, PLEASE no more kings and queens. That makes us sound so backward. Especially since there are 3 of each! Let's just say top tier now.

By: agree
#6by:    

DGs are the problems here. They need to stay off this site for a while.

By: probs

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#7by:    

The whole queen thing is so funny. I can hardly believe that it was ever used because it seems so unsophisticated and silly.

By: queens
#8by:    

True. I'm completely over it.

#9by:    

The problem is that the term "queens" has been used for many years to designate 3 houses that were perennially on top. Even though one or two of those houses has started to slip (or has slipped in a major way), we don't have the terminology to designate them as being lower than a queen, because royalty is forever. I feel like the DGs will always call themselves queens just out of tradition. They don't care that it makes them somewhat of a laughing stock at the present time. That's why we need to go to a tier system. Then when the DGs call themselves queens it will be in the same nonoffensive way that Zetas refer to their crown.

By: problem is...
by: clarification   

That's Zeta Tau Alpha (if you don't have any friends at Northwestern you might not know this sorority). They have a crown as one of their symbols.

By: clarification
#10by:    

My bf from high school is a Zeta at Northwestern and they don't call themselves queens. They do have a crown but they say they're crowned not queens. But it isn't offensive, that's true. They're not doing it to be superior or anything.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.