facebook

Do I need to be in a sorority

by: Confused

I’m a prospective transfer student and at my current school sororities are a pretty big deal (I’m currently in one but not yet initiated) but when trying to find them at sewanee I only saw adpi and kd are sororities just not really a thing?

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sus   

absolutely yes

By: sus
#2  by: Yeeaahhh   

Sewanee has local sorority chapters, which are usually a bigger deal than the national chapters like kd and adpi. If you know someone at Sewanee, ask them more about the chapters they have

By: Yeeaahhh
#3  by: germ-x   

you don't necessarily NEED to be in a sorority but the overwhelming majority of sewanee students (around 70% i think) are in frat/sorority life. it's true our only national sororities are kd and adpi, but like others mentioned we have a lot of local chapters ranging from under 10 members to over 100. do whatever works for you!

By: germ-x
by: ThanksFeb 8, 2022 10:19:54 PM

Ok that makes way more sense, I saw it was Greek heavy but was so confused why there were only two do you know what the popular or most social ones are??

By: Thanks
#4  by: junior   

rushing is practically mandatory

By: junior
by: yesFeb 9, 2022 11:54:18 AM

Yeah if you don’t you’re not gonna have a good time

By: yes
#5  by: sewanee   

Why do you want to transfer here?

By: sewanee
by: transferFeb 9, 2022 5:56:03 PM

I go to a somewhat large university. there isn't a lot of school spirit(no football team) and the majority of the students are from the north east, and I just don't really feel like I fit in. I toured sewanee last year and just feel like I rlly need a change.

By: transfer
#6  by: Greek of the Week   

If your sorority is good nationally go ahead and get initiated. Then come to the University of South and join one of the local sororities there are several really good ones. All of the Greek life is open to everyone else except for formals. Sewanee 🧁 If your sorority is good nationally go ahead and get initiated. Then come to the University of South and join one of the local sororities there are several really good ones. All of the Greek life has opened everyone else except for formals. Suwanee is very warm and welcoming. Go through Rush as an upperclassman in the fall. If that doesn’t work you can rush with the freshman in January.

By: Greek of the Week
#7  by: truth   

I wouldn’t transfer here if you aren’t planning on pledging or at least rushing

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.