facebook

Is the society falling off

by:    

i’m an outsider so i idk the vibes at smu rn but is the society still top or are they becoming irrelevant

Posted By: Question
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you're an outsider, then this is none of your concern.

By: Stu
#2by:    

They are top of irrelevant.

By: haha
#3by:    

SMU has said that it will be a Conduct Code violation for anyone who joins it, and the same for frats or other campus orgs that have any association with them as well.

By: bad vibes
by: TX   

A college cannot inhibit “free association” with any group. Just because SMU is unhappy with Theta, they cannot legally punish someone who chooses to join their spin-off group.

The Society has NOTHING to do with SMU—so SMU cannot control who joins them and what they do.

By: TX
by: oh yeah?   

Yes they can. Just as you say, a "spin-off group" which is an official 'derecognized student organization' according to the Code of Conduct. SMU is a private school and thus calls the shots.

By: oh yeah?
by: TS   

That seems really harsh in my opinion. These girls just want to be a part of an organization together.

By: TS
by: hardly   

That's no excuse and not what they are about. If they want to be part of an organization together, there is any number of better and actually legit ways to do that.

By: hardly
#4by:    

It’s not going anywhere

By: It’s fine
#5by:    

I'm an outsider looking in and I notice they haven't posted anything on social media since June. Also, you have to remember how huge of a house Theta was when it was there. I know many alumni want the house back, and according the SMU, Theta could return in 2026 if they are stamped out (especially with the chapter's 100th anniversary around the corner. Meanwhile, TS was created by the mothers of PC 22 and probably won't last.

By: Person
by: Society Moms   

Sad that those old hags felt the need to bankroll a sham organization to prop up the egos of their entitled hazing-happy offsprings.

Are you now going to buy a company so that your vacuous daughters can have "jobs" until they land a man at the alter?

By: Society Moms
#6by:    

The Society, please stop, so the actual Theta chapter can come back to campus. You’re just messing it up for the future generations. Look beyond yourself. Don’t ruin it, because SMU Theta is one of the best chapters in the country.

By: Plz stop
by: Was   

Was one of the best Theta chapters in the country.

By: Was
by: hm   

It was until it wasn't.

By: hm
#7by:    

The earliest the Theta chapter would be back is spring of 2026. That’s three more rush cycles. Looks like the soonest they would be able to recruit new members is Fall 2027.

By: Years

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

The Society is still a thing even if they don’t post. The girls are still on social in all the cheetah print.

By: Ts
by: Real Theta   

Yeah... Truth Social.

By: Real Theta
#9by:    

They still exist they're just better at hiding it

By: Nah!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.