facebook

The truth about upcoming recruitment

by:    

I highly doubt girls are going to pick “Theta Society” versus established and historical sororities here—especially if they get bids to Kappa, Pi Phi, or Tri Delt. The only girls who do will be clout chasing micro-influencers and instagram girls who want a no rules organization. Both of which don’t need to be in SMU Greek Life, hence why Theta has its tragic kick off.

Posted By: No lies
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

Darling, I am a Dallas Native, and my mother reared me properly with Charming Southern Gentility and Good Manners.

I grew up in Highland Park and graduated from Highland Park High School which is one of the best high schools in the country.

I have traveled from the East Coast, West Coast, Toronto and Mexico.One of my best friends is from New Jersey.

As you will note I never used profanity in any posting. Afterall, my mother was a Kappa and reared me quite well.

By: SMU Charlie 2.0
by: SMU Charlie Troll   

Mexico and Toronto, wow! World traveler!!

By: SMU Charlie Troll
#12by:    

Doll, I am quite well aware that Pi Beta Phi was founded at Monmouth in 1867, and 3 years later Kappa Kappa Gamma was founded at Monmouth. They both celebrate the same heritage.

I just added the tag line because both are the Top 2 that at SMU.

by: SMU Charlie 2.0   

One thing I'm quite sure is that there will no longer be any "Kite and Key Parties" for several years at SMU since KKG will not take the risk of violating SMU Panhellenic/IFC Rules just like UT Austin prohibits its fraternities and sororities from holding events with Texas Rho the former/suspended SAE chapter.

KKG is "not" going to be holding parties with "Theta Society" and other SMU sororities and fraternities would be wise to "Follow The Rules" as well.

#13by:    

Hey. Just taking a "study break" and so intrigued to learn that Kappa and Pi Phi have such a unique history!

At least I know more to talk about when I go to the Kappa and Pi Phi Recruitment Parties!

By: SMU Gurl

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#14by:    

there is no Theta Society. The Society is an off campus group not a sorority. Let's be real, last year were the Kappa, Pi Phi and Theta pledges all hazed by their Bigs under the guise of being affiliated with SMU? Damn straight they were. Only difference is one got caught and SMU was forced to act. So stop making up false information. So, Kappa and Pi Phi maybe watch yourselves and let SMU's effort to make Theta an example resonate with you. You're not safer under SMU, just more accountable.

By: hear it
by: SMU Charlie   

Oh Really? Were you personally there to see both the Pi Phi’s and Kappa’s last Spring 2022 to see them hazing their pledges? If not, remember “hearsay” is inadmissible in a “Court of Law!”

By: SMU Charlie
#15by:    

Ok hear me out…

I am impressed by Theta’s nationals because they actually hold their chapters accountable for their actions. My sorority, which has been mentioned on this post many times, does not. If it is considered a “top” house nationals doesn’t care. They will suspend the chapter for a semester or a year while making sure their mansions are paid for after horrible hazing allegations. They want to make sure these houses stay at the top which is so wrong. I don’t have a lot of respect for my sorority’s nationals at all.

By: Theta
#16by:    

To OMG: You’re a few months late to the party. There are plenty of SMU grads on GR .

Some of us Greek Alums still have interest in what goes on with Actives these days.

By: SMU Charlie
#17by:    

Bumping because of all the ridiculous spam in the way of actual posts.

By: Stop Spam
by: bump   

bump to stop spam

By: bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.