facebook

The truth about upcoming recruitment

by:    

I highly doubt girls are going to pick “Theta Society” versus established and historical sororities here—especially if they get bids to Kappa, Pi Phi, or Tri Delt. The only girls who do will be clout chasing micro-influencers and instagram girls who want a no rules organization. Both of which don’t need to be in SMU Greek Life, hence why Theta has its tragic kick off.

Posted By: No lies
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Let's dedicate our energy to these 3 projects this Fall semester.

1. 💑 Establish Fall semester weekly sorority house hosted mixers.
2. 🏛 Renovate the Sigma Chi chapter house temporary facade.
3. 💲 Financially rescue the Fijis from insolvency.

🗣 Call, e-mail, text, IM or snap your sorority social, officer chairs with your excitement over these projects.

Let's get mov'n ! 🚀

By: Greek Row Projects 😊
by: Newly ShOcKeD GDI 😵    

panHELLenic 👿 knows, knew and still lead-on 850 unknowing freshmen PNMs to their harsh rigged elimination recruitment. 😱

Looking back, panHELLenic is to blame for not being "more forthcoming" about the limited true openings for the top 6 legacy-saturated sororities to 850 unknowing freshmen PNMs. 😖

The university is to blame for scheduling recruitment to entrap 450 newly sHoCkEd GDI unsuspecting girls for 2 exorbitantly expensive semesters. Then both dropping them with limited social events or activities for the captured Spring semester. 😤

By: Newly ShOcKeD GDI 😵
#2by:    

Yeah who would want to join a sorority that has the best parties, no stupid chapter meetings, no old ladies from dallas telling them what to do, the hottest girls on campus and the biggest bank account? If I could skip the nonsense that is recruitment and join Theta Society as a freshman, why wouldn't I? Think for two seconds about why people join sororities - status and social life - they'll get all of that with Theta and none of the BS that comes with pleasing nationals. National sororities are a way of the past tbh. If you think any of those girls care about whether or not theta is reestablished at SMU after they graduate, you must not know a single theta

By: Honest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Unstoppable Troll Moms 🙋   

Full, transparent disclosures must be required for next Fall semester's recruitment.

A written statement from the university must be read and presented to these girls in the early Fall semester, giving the actual recruitment results from the past 5 years.

An actual percent of legacy versus non-legacy percentages for each participating sorority must be fully disclosed to them at that time. 😱

By: Unstoppable Troll Moms 🙋
#3by:    

As a Dallas Native, Highland Park High School and an SMU 1985 Graduate, I Can Assure You That If You Plan To Stay In Dallas That Very Little Has Changed. Pi Phi, Kappa, and Theta have (PKT) have traditionally been the Top 3 Sororities At SMU going back to my grandmother’s, mother’s and my generations. It is sad what happened to Theta; however, a “Pseudo Society “ will never prevail over HP/Preston Hollow mothers wanting their daughters to be a Kappa or Pi Phi in 2023 at SMU.

By: SMU Charlie
by: Weirdo   

I Think You Desperately Need To Get Therapy And Move On With Your Pathetic Life

By: Weirdo
by: SMU Charlie   

To Weirdo:

Sounds Like You Have An Inferiority Complex & Personality Disorder And Can’t Handle The Truth. Why Don’t You Do Your Research And Look Up The D Magazine Article “Battle Of The Big 3” Sorry Theta is gone, but PKT at SMU and UT Austin have always been the The Top 3 Sororities. It’s just now in 2022 that SMU only has KKG and Pi Phi from the original Top 3 Left. You obviously aren’t from Dallas .

by: @SMU Charlie   

Guess what? There is more to life than the City of Dallas. There is a big difference between UT and SMU. Yes, PKT might be considered the "elite" of the UT greek system, but 1. The Greek system there is a very small percentage of the student body. 2. Have have you met the any girls in those houses? If you did not know them or know their affiliation, you would not be able to tell them apart from the girls in most of the other houses (...and quite frankly, usually not as attractive or nice). The only difference is "connections." Yes, most of the dullards at SMU have no plans to ever leave the bubble of Dallas, but it is a completely different situation at UT. Get your facts straight.
Oh, and great over-reaction to the previous response to the Highland park Hag Theta alum.

By: @SMU Charlie
by: Stop It   

Stop Capitalizing Every Word!

By: Stop It
by: SMU Charlie 2.0   

There’s A Reason There’s Monmouth Duo! It’s because Pi Phi and Kappa Rule!

By: SMU Charlie 2.0
by: um   

actually it's because they were both founded at Monmouth University... you would know this if you were a true kappa or pi phi

By: um
by: omg    

what is a grown ass woman doing on gr?

By: omg
#4by:    

To @SMU Charlie For Your Information: I Attended UT Austin during the Summer of 1983-Spring of 1984 Before Transferring Back To SMU because I preferred the smaller classroom sizes at SMU. I know all about the UT System and Greek Life at Both UT and SMU. I had 2 Sisters who Graduated From UT one of whom is a Kappa! I have Kappas and Pi Phi’s in my Family. Yes, there are other places outside of Dallas, but to Make It In Dallas Society It’s Tough As Nails and You Have To Have Thick Skin!

by: Dallas Society Projects    

Let's dedicate our energy to these 3 projects this academic year! 😊

1. 💑 Establish Fall semester weekly sorority house hosted mixers.
2. 🏛 Renovate the Sigma Chi chapter house temporary facade.
3. 💲 Financially rescue the Fijis from insolvency.

🗣 Call, e-mail, text, IM or snap your Dallas Alumni chairpersons with your excitement over these projects.

Let's get mov'n ! 🚀

By: Dallas Society Projects

You do realize you graduated from SMU 15 years before the girls in the current chapters were born, right? It's not insane to think that things may have changed a bit, including Dallas. The majority of the girls in Theta aren't from Dallas and dgaf about how they are perceived by the small minded women in Highland Park and Preston Hollow after graduation. With all do respect, please don't waste your time on this website.

by: @smucharlie   

You seem really (and I mean REALLY) obsessed with the whole PKT thing. An article article from the Texas Monthly decades ago does not reflect the current reality at UT (except for people obsessed with the past like you).

Please try to find a hobby that is better for your mental health than this obsession.

By: @smucharlie
#5by:    

To @ SMU Charlie: I have my 1st Amendment Rights To Be On This Website As Long As I Don’t Violate Any Rules And Regulations. Bottom Line: Just Because Laura Bush Was A Theta Doesn’t Make It The Best Sorority At SMU Either And No Matter What These “Pseudo Theta Society” Girls Want To Think Or Believe; Kappa and Pi Phi Will Remain The Top 2 Sororities at SMU … PERIOD !!!

Sure Grandma, let's get you to bed

by: Stop It   

Just because you can say something doesn’t mean you should.

By: Stop It
#6by:    

Did You Know That If You Google “Theta Society” It = Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.

#7by:    

The Truth From Directly Speaking With The SMU Director Of Panhellenic/IFC Councils:

I Spoke With The Director Of Panhellenic And IFC On 11-7-22 And Initially Inquired With Her About The Possibility Of Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike) and Kappa Alpha (KA) Returning To SMU And Participating In Spring Recruitment January 2023 Since Both Their Suspensions Are Or Will Be Completed By January 2023. Neither Fraternity Has Been Formally Invited Nor Voted By The Council To Return To SMU In 2023 At This Juncture.

Furthermore, She Specifically Stated That Neither Kappa Alpha Theta (Theta) “Suspended “ Nor “Theta Society” Are Recognized Social Organizations At SMU Just As Texas Rho (Formerly The SAE Chapter At UT Austin) Is Not A Legitimate Recognized Social Organization By The UT Panhellenic/IFC Council. The SMU Panhellenic/IFC Is Monitoring For Any Such Illegitimate Activities.

Good Luck To Those Who Are Participating In Recruitment 2023!

by: Smucharlie is scary   

Why is every word capitalized? In every post? Weird

By: Smucharlie is scary
by: Oooffff   

Someone is worried about Theta Society...;)
^^^^^^^^^^^

By: Oooffff
by: hear it   

You're correct! The Society is NOT a sorority.

By: hear it
#8by:    

Well, you never know that if Kappa Alpha Theta National and SMU Panhellenic/IFC discover illegitimate activities using the “Theta” name; those participants may end up with a lawsuit just as what happened to the former UT Austin SAE Chapter known as Texas Rho today which again is not recognized as a legitimate organization by The University Of Texas At Austin nor it’s Panhellenic/IFC Council.

Just A Reminder: There’s No Guarantee That Kappa Alpha Theta Automatically Comes Back To SMU in 2 Years Without Being Formally Being Voted Upon And Invited Back!

KKG National did “pull around 19 members pins for the incident!” FYI

KKG National did “pull around 19 members pins for the incident!” FYI

#9by:    

There's a reason Pi Phi and Kappa Rule! It's called "Monmouth Duo!"

by: Oh   

you're so uncultured... you've probably never even been to New Jersey

By: Oh
by: Um   

Actually SMU Charlie, I think you meant "only people who are Kappas would know!"

By: Um
#10by:    

The theta society realizes they are a liability to the frats and themselves right?

By: Haha
by: SMU Charlie 2.0   

That's a really good question as far as liabilities go. I do know the UT Austin UPC By-Laws prohibit any IFC Members from associating with Texas Rho since it is an unrecognized organization by The University of Texas at Austin.

I guess it's a novel situation for SMU since they rarely have ever Suspended a Sorority.

Why Ms. Perhaps….“T.A.K.” ….That Ain’t Kappa! “Bless Your Heart!”

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.