facebook

what are the different soror philantthopies?

by: philanthropies

What are the different philantrhopies? How do the different soros raise money, and what amounts do they raise each year?

Posted By: philanthropies
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: just saying   

all of this is in the recruitment book that you can find on the panhellenic website!

By: just saying
#2  by: Service things   

Alpha chi- the alpha chi omega foundation. The Achios here work with a womans center, I believe, in order to stop domestic abuse and to protect women. They make a huge difference in the lives of women. They work for awareness, prevention, and education, according to their site.

Chi omega- the make a wish foundation. Obviously a great philanthropy, this affects the lives of many people in such a wonderful, beautiful way.

DDD- the childrens cancer research- partners with St. Jude Childrens research hospital. DDD is known nationally for their work, especially for raising a ridiculous amount of money to support St. Judes. It was way more than their goal, and in far less time than had been set aside for it.

Delta Gamma- service for sight. They help to take care of people who have impaired vision, improving their lives in as many ways as possible. They also seek to stop blindness before it starts.

By: Service things
by: Service 2Oct 21, 2013 10:20:50 PM

Gamma phi beta- Campfire, girls on the run. “Building strong women" is the mission statement associated with this. The ultimate goal is to get young women to be able to become the healthiest, happiest, and most confident women they can be. The Gamma phi chapter at SMU is known for being very involved and for having the most service hours (I believe, I recommend fact checking on that.) and attend the 5k the girls do.

Theta- court appointed special advocates. This helps to train and pay for advocates for neglected or abused children. It can make a huge difference in the childrens chances at getting out of the system. The advocate stays with them all the way through the process, until the child has found a permanent, stable home, and often check in even after that. This organization is one of the ones that really helps children stuck in the system, and provides stability and warmth where they would usually find none.

Kappa- reading is fundamental- this organization promotes literacy. However, it does so in a lot of very creative ways, such as providing books to children who wouldn't have them otherwise.

Pi phi- literacy- This also helps with literacy for children, seeking to lower the rates of illiteracy, and vastly improve the lives of a great deal of people, seeking to create more opportunities and productivity.

By: Service 2
#3  by: Service -   

I think I got everyone, and I apologize if not. I'm not the most knowledgeable about this, so freshmen, please check in your booklets, especially for information about the individual chapters amount raised/service hours done.
If someone wasn't covered as much as the others, it's because I know less about it, or figured it was a well known organization (make a wish foundation, as an example.)
Lastly, I would like to point out that the sororities all support each others philanthropic endeavors. In fact, it's common for sororities to send donations to other sororities events even if they don't have time to attend. The panhellenic community works together to better the world through all of these organizations, and it's really amazing what they've managed to do.

By: Service -
by: Thank you Nov 8, 2013 6:09:27 PM

Thank you for that explanation. Could someone please tell me more about Alpha Chi Omega's Foundation? Thanks again

By: Thank you
#4  by: clarification   

Alpha Chi Omega supports the Genesis Shelter which is an amazing shelter for abused women and their children only 10 minutes from campus. Everyone should really go see it and support it. Alpha Chi raised around $50,000 for the shelter last year, and has a goal set of 60,000 this year.

By: clarification
by: Not reallyNov 9, 2013 1:38:48 PM

I hope you realize these posts are time stamped.
My question is why this was posted the morning of nov 8, then the post asking for alpha chi info was posted that evening. I think it's great to clarify the above info, but why try to make it look like someone asked for it?
Regardless, Alpha chi does do amazing things for their philanthropy.

By: Not really

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.