facebook

if i'm not being rushed will i not get a bid?

by:    

Everyone I know is being rushed by pi phi or tridelt and some from other houses. I haven't been on a single lunch date :/
What does that mean?

Posted By: HI
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Funny

By: funny
#2by:    

Better land a boyfriend, or be lonely this year....

By: hey
#3by:    

honestly I know a couple girls that got into very good houses last year that hadn't been on lunches with them before. that being said, your year is looking really competitive so I don't know if that will be the same again. If you are extremely smart and involved and also pretty you'll still get a bid somewhere most likely.

you probably won't be anyone's top rush pick, but sometimes houses discover people during the actual rush week that they decide last minute they love way more than they expected!

don't stress out about it, but definitely try to get out there and meet older girls so they start noticing you. it's still relatively early in the semester and you still have time

my best advice for you is to get very good grades this semester so you'll automatically stand out. sometimes the girls sororities have been rushing have terrible grades and they have to cut them. also some girls go out to lunches with the same sorority every week and still get cut.

good luck!

By: notsure

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

My advice:

1. Meet girls. Do this by going to events sponsored by sororities. Gamma phi had gamma fitness, a chi o had alpha chi cookout, theta has theta late night, tridelt has an event coming up as well. Go to these things and meet girls. Show interest in rushing that sorority and if you come across as someone who is pleasant and interested, you'll get put on lunch dates lists.

2. When you do meet girls, make a good impression. Don't show up in gym clothes. Be yourself. Don't talk bad about any other sorority or any other girl because the greek community is small. People will talk and you don't want that kind of reputation.

3. Talk to upperclassmen girls in your classes.

4. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to upperclassmen girls at parties. You'll know who these girls are because they'll be wearing pins.

5. Sign up officially for panhellenic recruitment. When you do you'll be put on some sororities "interested" lists.

6. Don't be sloppy.

7. Make a good impression during rush week. I didn't go on a single lunch date my freshman year and still got into my top house. It happens, you just have to be able to make yourself look good.

8. Get involved on campus. Single handed easiest way to get to know girls beyond a superficial level. Not only upperclassmen girls, but upperclassmen guys who will talk to girls.

By: assistance
#5by:    

Thank you! My roomie keeps telling me but to worry but I noticed most girls are getting asked and I'm not

By: HI
#6by:    

Like assistance said, get out there, get involved, go to events, and be yourself! Its still very early in the semester, so don't stress about it! The sorority events are a great way to meet the girls! :)

By: Agree
#7by:    

Lot's of philanthropy events are coming up! Go to these events and meet girls, don't be afraid to be the one to initiate the lunch date either! Not even one month of school has passed, so there is still plenty of time to meet girls

By: smu

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.