facebook

race in rush

by: 2017

I am an international student from South Korea. I moved to the US before 9th grade and attended high school in Georgia, so my English is fluent and I am used to the American culture. I am interested in rush but have been warned that some sororities might not extend me a bid because I am not the typical southern white girl. Is it still worth it to rush? Will I only be looking at the chance of a bid from the bottom tier? Do any chapters currently have international/ multi-racial students? Thanks for all the help :)

Posted By: 2017
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

If you're really hot and wealthy then you have a chance with Theta assuming you're Americanized and know girls going into rush.

But why does it matter if you only have a chance with top tier? The only ones that will turn you down are theta, pi phi and kappa. That doesn't mean you should be rude to them or write them off.

But the rest are pretty open minded, especially if you're pretty and have good social skills.

AXO, DG, Gamma Phi, DDD(they have a Korean American!) and Chi O are pretty open minded.

By: Hi
#2  by: depends   

you won't stand a chance with kappa or piphi but the rest are open to you :)

By: depends
#3  by: um   

Honestly if you get to know the girls during first semester (a lovely benefit of late rush) you have a chance anywhere. Give it a shot. The top tier girls are not nearly as shallow as people would lead you to believe.
Also, perhaps you shouldn't write off the lower tiers. You might find a home where you least expect it. Rush usually ends with the girls who stay open minded finding a group of like-minded women that truly get along.

By: um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.