facebook

what should go in our sorority packages?

by: PNM22

Hey y’all. Just wondering what should go in our sorority packages? Also is it okay if we don’t have recs for every sorority? And when are the due? I would assume because it’s spring rush it’s sometime in the fall?? Thanks!!

Posted By: PNM22
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: smu22   

I was also wondering this! Does the headshot go separate or should it be on the resume?

By: smu22
#2  by: Waste of time   

If you are not a legacy of sororities 1-6, you will have less than a 15% chance to get a bid from them. Sororities 1-6 2018 recruitment class consisted of over 80% legacies.

Take a look at sororities 7 & 8 social schedule and the fraternities they mix with. Then decide if 2019 recruitment will be worth your time, effort and your parents money.

By: Waste of time
#3  by: ^   

don't mind the troll above, they love to comment that on every post.

get recs for every house. seriously, you never know what ones you will end up with. if you are struggling, you can have current members of another school write for some houses, of if it has to be alumni ask if they know anyone who graduated recently.

headshot should be separate from resume. some girls like to do two pictures (headshot and full body) but up to you.

By: ^
by: yepMay 29, 2018 8:04:46 PM

This.

By: yep
#4  by: active   

include a social resume, a photo or two and a cover letter just for the rec writer to read (it just helps her get to know you a little better so she can write a good letter)! Other than that you should be good!

By: active
#5  by: ^ Panhellenic Again   

These quality 200 non-legacies dropped from 2018 recruitment and became GDIs for the Spring semester. One semester paying SMU @ $50,000 and being a GDI social outcast was enough for them. Most have transferred to other universities for the summer session.

WE must give the 2019 recruitment class FULL DISCLOSURE of the gauntlet of hurdles and hardships they will run into if they are not a SMU Legacy of one of the top six sororities. We see the same Panhellenic Spin in their posts above they used on us until Pref Day. Being a week into classes, we were all shocked and stuck at SMU for the Spring semester.

By: ^ Panhellenic Again
by: wowMay 30, 2018 8:23:59 PM

if you transferred then just leave smu alone. we can clearly tell why you were dropped?

By: wow
by: ^ Panhellenic SnobJun 2, 2018 3:08:33 PM

I am also one of the 200 2018 freshmen ladies that dropped out of recruitment after pref day. I was also in the long line on pref day of over 200 freshmen without bids from sororities 1-6 that wanted a correction or an explanation on why we were verbally given bids from these 6 sororities.

We were then encouraged to go through COB, continuous open bidding for the next week after pref day. We learned only sororities 7 & 8 were adding pledges through COB. The university gave us 3 short days after pref day to drop all of all classes and move out of the dorm before their 50% refund cut on all tuition and housing fees paid in advance.

I was informed only sororities 7 & 8 will participate in Fall recruitment and that sororities 1-6 only accept sophomores transfers from prestigious universities.

Being trapped at SMU for the Spring semester without mixers, parties and formals was a real downer. I am now attending summer school at my community college taking general very transferable courses until I decide where to attend school in the Fall. My parents paid $100,000 for my freshmen year at SMU and all we received from Panhellenic are these same immature, snobby comments about joining these two bottom tier sororities that none of them would join themselves.

By: ^ Panhellenic Snob

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.