facebook

dg question

by: DH

I emailed the DG headquarters this week and they said that SMU DG members can give recs for girls rushing at SMU, is this true? I would rather hear if it is likely before I forgoe contact with my network in the hopes that someone at DG will sponsor me.

Posted By: DH
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Me   

Hey girl, although you probably can (I don’t know the logistics of DG itself) it really is going to be preferred (by every sorority) that you get Rec letters from an alumna instead of a current member. The order of preference is: alumnae from SMU, alumnae, current DG from SMU, current DG anywhere, with the bottom two not really preferred. Make sure you get those recs in early!
But definitely network with girls at DG at SMU once you get here; you want girls pulling for you in January. (But honestly it’s not as scary as it sounds!)

By: Me
by: ExcitedMay 9, 2018 9:44:37 PM

Thank you that was so helpful! I was also wondering what kind of organizations dg is involved in? I’d really like to join organizations where I have opportunities to meet girls from all sororities!

By: Excited
#2  by: Club   

Go to night at the club and join as many orgs on campus that interest you. After the first few weeks the two or three clubs you’re most passionate about will become clear and you’ll meet upperclassman that way.

On that same page when ur in class, in clubs, or at parties notice what frats and sororities you tend to see and gravitate toward. If you go into rush with that in mind you will have a much better experience. I personally ignored that fact and rushed based off stereotypes and ended up very disappointed.

But when I ignored stereotypes and rerushed sophomore year and was honest with myself about who I liked and where I fit in, not what other people were telling me to be, I found my home and had a great experience.

Lastly, since u specifally asked DG is one of the most involved on campus if not THE most involved on campus along with AXO, Chi-O, then GPhi. so if ur heart is set on DG you’ll find them in almost every club. That being said don’t try to set ur heart too much on one house, you’ll never know where you’ll find ur family. Good luck and be yourself.

By: Club
by: So pumpedMay 10, 2018 9:49:38 PM

Thank you so much!! And I feel like this is a weird question but I come from an area where people don’t really have any parties, so how do parties work in college? How to people find out about them? Do you get invited? I wanna make sure that the nights I do want to go out that I have options and know what to do!

By: So pumped
by: ^ Slant / Spin AlertMay 10, 2018 11:27:32 PM

Beware, this really sounds like the Panhellenic Spin we suffered through this year. The Post above really is slanted to promote the lower tier sororities 6, 7 & 8.

Unfortunately, most of the new membership openings for sororities 1- 5 are given to Legacies. We found this out after hearing the same Panhellenic Spin, investing 2 semesters and spending almost $100,000 in tuition and recruitment costs.

By: ^ Slant / Spin Alert
#3  by: No worries   

First semester parties are open to all and you’ll just hear about them naturally on ur floor and through friends. Some frats you might end up going to more then other naturally based on who u know and such. By nov you’ll have a good indication of where u like hanging out. Second semester is harder because the first three months are mixer season. For example a top tier frat might not mix with a bottom sorority. But the same a bottom frat prob won’t ask to mix with a top sorority. While some people think it’s tier based every year it’s based on older members current friendships and the social chairs of every chapter. However after spring break they all open back up again.

To the crazy poster sorry PKT didn’t want you but it’s your own job to network first semester. Less then 30% of all the pledge classes are legacies so if you didn’t get in where u wanted you have no one to blame but yourself. And from seeing ur personality I’m not surprised why u didn’t get a bid.

By: No worries
by: ^ Total B / SMay 11, 2018 12:00:42 PM

Panhellenic has already publically announced that SMU's recruitment is one of the nation's most competitive. This is due to SMU's Chapters having the highest legacy count in each pledge class.

Again the post above is the same 'ole B/S we heard from Panhellenic until we found the vast majority of sorority's 1-5 pledge class was filled with legacies. We were given the same Panhellenic Spin and were corralled into sororities 6,7 & 8.

The 2019 Spring Recruitment Class Deserves and Demands Full Disclosure of the facts before beginning this brutal, rigged so- called open recruitment.

By: ^ Total B / S

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.