facebook

top pnm

by: What

What exactly seems someone a “top PNM”? I’m sure it differs by sorority, but is it stuff like recs, grades, wealth?

Posted By: What
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Dumb   

Don’t worry about this. It’s usually who the “top”sororities fight over. Which is a girl every year usually famous for her family ie (Kardashian, sherapova, etc) but don’t be worry about this or be deterred. Be yourself and you’ll end up in the house right for you.

Other top girls for example are if you have a 4.0 this instantly makes you very desirable to the more academically minded sororities since you’ll boost the overall pledge class gpa.

Recs only really matter in terms of cutting girls less about keeping. For example if your sorority is told you have to cut 100 girls on day 1 out of 700 you don’t physically have time to go through every girl. So often girls without recs and low gpas get cut first.

Also just a bty while certain houses try to get the “wealthy girls” or “right family” to make their pledge classes look better, a lot of the true billionaire families at SMU are in “bottom” tier houses since they don’t flaunt there money. Not saying this to boost anyone but to genuinely go in with an open mind and screw tiers and reputations. Go where you feel comfortable and will make friends.

By: Dumb
#2  by: For Legacies ONLY   

SMU Sorority Chapters 1-6 require rec letters and you MUST BE A LEGACY, closely connected / related to one. Otherwise you must be one of the extremely rich, powerful and famous of your recruitment class.

If not, be prepared to be corralled into financially and socially deficient sorority 7 & 8. No matter how good your grades or rec letters make you appear.

Due to quotas, each sorority can accept @ 60 members during the Spring recruitment. 360 mainly SMU Legacies will receive bids from these top 6 sororities and will experience the privileged classic SMU Greek Life.

While the vast majority of SMU's Freshmen ladies will be corralled into a deficient sorority or drop and become a GDI for the Spring. Over 200 Freshman ladies dropped out of the 2018 recruitment for these reasons.

By: For Legacies ONLY
by: ^ Panhellenic SnobMay 1, 2018 8:58:41 PM

Over 200 Freshmen Ladies are transferring away from SMU due to your rigged 2018 recruitment. Relying on SMU and Panhellenic made recruitment a 2 semester $50,000 hellacious ordeal. That will take up to a year of continuous classes at another university to fully recover.

Most of us have to attend summer sessions beginning in a few weeks at our new university to catch up for the lost credits that will not transfer. Then go through recruitment again and pledge ship as a sophomore at our new university. Yes, we are tired of SMUs Panhellenic rigged predetermined recruitment then their cover up spins.

By: ^ Panhellenic Snob
#3  by: Bored   

As a PNM for 2019 rush, I have read your comments multiple times about smu rush. I have friends and relatives who know about it, and a sorority advisor even told me about smu rush. Your viewpoint is inflated based on a common concept that parallels the general stereotype of smu. I’m sorry you didn’t get where you wanted, but rush is about finding a sisterhood that matters to you, if you are just focused on getting in the best ranked sorority than that’s saddening. If I, a high school senior, can figure this out, than I think you need to evaluate your purpose in participating in rush and focus instead on filling your life with meaningful bonds rather than tearing down a system that fosters them. I think everyone is tired of your negativity, so please take it away from my and others desire to learn about these organizations.

By: Bored
by: Think AgainMay 2, 2018 11:09:41 AM

With the recent loss of Lambda Chi, KA and Pike Fraternities, the top 6 sororities will drop to the top 5. There are only 3 large and 2 medium fraternities left to socialize with.

With only 60 new Spring recruitment membership openings per sorority, only 300 privileged, entitled legacy ladies will experience the classic SMU Greek Life for the foreseeable future.

By: Think Again
#4  by: CurrentActive   

I'd also like to echo what the previous poster mentioned about GPA, if we are stuck on deciding between two girls, often a girl's GPA can be a deciding factor. Keep your GPA up, it's not an invite back guarantee but it increases your chances by a lot.

Also, your activities say a lot about you! Put on stuff you may think was silly or doesn't matter. For example, if you did debate be sure to put it down because it shows you do more than just school work. A girl who shows she has a lot of interests and activities or did a lot of volunteer work can make you stand out to us. Let's say for example you volunteered with an elementary school and we have girls in chapter who like do to similar volunteer work. Not only do we think you're cool because we are passionate about similar things, but we now have more of an idea about you and what's important to you.

By: CurrentActive
#5  by: To bitter girl    

I personally love the “lower tier” frats and sororities better than the top tier. I just find I have more in common with them and that they’re more down to earth and academically driven. In addition, future freshman all frats and sororities have socials, formals, big/little, etc. Dont let this spammer worry you. Every Greek experience is similar just join the group you connect with.

By: To bitter girl
by: ^ Panhellenic AgainMay 2, 2018 9:48:00 PM

The post above was written by a Panhellenic Member who is a legacy and had a cakewalk into the sorority 1-6. They continue to try to cover up / defend their efforts to corral all of the un-expecting non-legacies into financially and socially deficient sororities 7 & 8.

Sororities 7 & 8 are outcasts socially, they mix with Kappa Sig, Betas and the general Greenville Avenue crowd. There is concern sorority 6 will be socially shunned next year due to the lack of Fraternity social budgets. There are now only 5 fraternities that have adequate social budgets for 2018-19.

By: ^ Panhellenic Again

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.