facebook

rush

by: transfer

I'm thinking about transferring to SMU in the fall. I didn't rush at my current school because greek life isn't a big deal at all here. Is there any chance I'll get a bid to a sorority as a sophomore transfer?

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: same    

Hey, I am also transferring! I would love a response to this question too!

By: same
by: Lets Switch SchoolsApr 9, 2018 11:20:33 AM

This question should be asked to the 200 ladies that dropped from SMU's 2018 Rush. They found most of the 60 Pledge Class openings for the top 6 sororities were predetermined by legacies.

These 200 ladies were dropped late by sororities 1-6 and bullied to pref financially and socially deficient sororities 7 & 8. These ladies preferred to drop and be a GDI for the 2018 Spring semester. Most will now transfer to another university with about one semester of transferable hours. They will attend summer sessions at their new university to catch up with their peers.

Hope you are a legacy with one of the top 6 sororities, if not be prepared to be corralled into sororities 7 & 8 or be a GDI. These 200 ladies learned these entitled 360 legacies get the privileged SMU social life while the rest simply are social outcasts.

By: Lets Switch Schools
#2  by: Yes   

Yes if you keep an open mind when you go into rush you will 90% chance get a bid. There is a sophomore quota each house has.

By: Yes
#3  by: - Open Minded ?   

You actually mean willing to pledge bottom tier sororities 7 or 8.
Then, mix with Kappa Sig and drink Beta punch.

Top 6 sonorities, forget it.
You must be a legacy or very close friends with one or an current active.

Read the posts from the 200 ladies who dropped and deserved better from SMU.

By: - Open Minded ?
by: ^Apr 8, 2018 7:14:05 PM

Ignore the troll with an axe to grind who constantly patrols this site to post the same stuff over and over. The only sororities she thought were good enough for her did not want her and she can't get over it, insisting she was cheated out of her rightful 'top tier' status. She has mental problems and uses greekrank as her therapy. Pitiful.

By: ^
#4  by: No one talks about...   

So if the top 6 are taking just legacies, doesn't that mean that there are lots of quality non-legacies for the bottom 2 to choose from?

By: No one talks about...
by: - nopeApr 15, 2018 4:44:06 PM

These quality 200 non-legacies dropped from recruitment and became GDIs for the Spring semester. One semester paying SMU @ $50,000 and being a GDI social outcast was enough for them. Most are transferring to other universities for the summer session.

WE must give the 2019 recruitment class FULL DISCLOSURE of the gauntlet of hurdles and hardships they will run into if they are not a SMU Legacy of one of the top six sororities.

By: - nope
by: lolApr 16, 2018 8:41:17 PM

There's no "WE" here; you have no say in this whatsoever. You really need a boatload of professional help and something else in your life besides this sad isolated soapbox you have put yourself on.

By: lol
by: ^ Panhellenic SnobApr 16, 2018 9:08:11 PM

The privileged entitled SMU Panhellenic must realize the disastrous results of their 2018 Spring Recruitment. Changes must be made before asking the ladies of the 2019 Freshman Class to enter such a predetermined pressure filled recruitment.

The 200 ladies who dropped out of the 2018 recruitment and are transferring out of SMU will have parting recommendations soon.

By: ^ Panhellenic Snob
by: LOLApr 17, 2018 1:16:20 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

By: LOL
by: ^Panhellenic Response Apr 17, 2018 11:42:11 PM

This is the same juvenile response Panhellenic gave to the 200 ladies that discovered the 2018 Spring Recruitment was largely predetermined by legacies. SMU students deserve and NOW demand better.

We hope there will be a new philosophy for the 2019 Spring Recruitment. Full Disclosure of the risks freshmen ladies take if they go through SMU recruitment. More to follow...

By: ^Panhellenic Response
#5  by: Sophomore rush   

If you rush in the fall as an upperclassman, it is called continuous open bidding, usually the only houses that will take girls in the fall is gphi. If you wait until spring rush as a sophomore, you can rush any house because they all have sophomore quota. Sophomore rush can be weird because some people find it quote on quote “easier” to get into a house they want and some people will tell you it’s harder. Just go for it, you can’t go wrong with trying. I ended up going to a house i never thought i would have freshman year and love it

By: Sophomore rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.