facebook

theta legacy

by:    

Hi! I was just wondering how much it would help me/ if it would help me if my mother was a theta at smu. Thanks!!!

Posted By: Smu
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

it helps a lot but you still need to have the theta look and personality

By: xx
#2by:    

It could help quite a bit if your mom is an active alumna and has kept her ties to the SMU chapter. But agree with pp, you still have to fit in with the girls in the house to get a bid.

By: Me
#3by:    

Very concerned about SMU's Theta's Fraternity affiliations.
They appear to mix with lower tier fraternities.
A few mixers with Fiji but they mostly associate with pikes.
A fraternity kicked out of last years Spring Rush.

Heard they want to expand socially with Sig Ep.
Not the direction I want to spend my next 3 1/2 years...

By: Fraternity Affiliations
by: ^   

You are imagining that frat boys have way more importance to sororities than in real life. Our sororities are not your dating service, they are sisterhoods and so much more. Women choosing membership based on frats? Y'all have no such kind of power. Sounds like you need to be "very concerned" about your own fraternity. Truth is, the gorgeous, sweet, fun girls in every one of our great houses are welcomed at all parties, get asked to formals and date nights, and get all the attention they care to have regardless of their letters.

By: ^
by: ^ Reality   

SMU socially after a freshman’s first semester is dominated by the Greek System. The Sorority chosen will take-up most of your spare time.
These Sororities have affiliations with one or two Fraternities to share entertainment costs. Most of the Sorority’s social functions, mixers, parties, formals are with these 1 or 2 Fraternities.

A rushee should know which Fraternities are affiliated with the Sorority she is interested in. If she is concerned about these fraternities member quality, consider another Sorority.

SMU’s Greek System is VERY cliquish. Your Sorority will select the Fraternities you socialize with. I did not meet my boyfriend until my Senior year, after we both were in the Greek System for 3 years. He was in a Fraternity my Sorority did not socialize with. It was like we attended different schools. - Very sad.

By: ^ Reality
by: ^ Agree   

I was torn between Theta and Pi Phi last year.
Until I considered their fraternity affiliations.

Pikes/SigEp versus SAE,SX and Fiji.
Easy choice, Pi Phi.

Having a blast mixing it up with SAE,SX and Fiji.

- Just Saying.

By: ^ Agree
by: Ha   

Such a joke. Above comments degrading pikes are written by the same buthurt sigma chi who didn’t get into pike and whose fraternity is rejected by Theta. Hilarious, and an embarrassment to Sigma Chi which is a decent fraternity

By: Ha
#4by:    

Being a legacy never guarantees a bid.

By: theta
#5by:    

Being a legacy never guarantees a bid. There are probably enough legacies to fill an entire new member class.

By: theta

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.