facebook

an important parting message

by: Graduating Super Senior

Hi guys, I'm a super senior who is graduating in a few weeks, and to those who are willing to take a break from studying for finals to read, I'd like to share a realization I had looking back at my greek life and college career.
When I came to penn state, I couldn't get all the crazy stories my brother had from frat parties. I rushed all the top, and a few middle simply because my friends wanted to check them out. All I wanted was to be able to wear those top tier letters. Not for the guys, but for the name. To say I'm in a top tier fraternity. Bid day came, I didn't get any bids from the houses I wanted but I got one from an average house that was filled with really chill guys. I was pissed, but it was my only option. Honestly, it was huge shot to my overflowing ego - I thought I was cool in high school, why aren't I cool now?
So I pledged this "average" fraternity, and I vowed to make it a top tier. I got my entire pledge class on board, and a bunch of other brothers, with promises of massive ragers and hot girls. I lobbied to raise dues so we could throw better parties (which some kids had to DA because they couldn't afford, but I didn't care- I wanted new speakers and better liquor). It was my obsession. I denied bids to really cool guys simply because I didn't think they would pull girls very well. With massive struggle, we succeeded. I helped transform us into what is considered today an upper house. But now I'm really looking back. (cont. in comments).

Posted By: Graduating Super Senior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Respect   

I wish we could have been friends. Good luck with everything you set out to do.

By: Respect
#2  by: DKE   

GEED

By: DKE
#3  by: Yoooo   

Preach

By: Yoooo
#4  by: hadtosayit   

OP is definitely in ATO

By: hadtosayit
#5  by: ?   

Hasn't ato been upper for awhile?

By: ?
#6  by: 22222222   

BUMPx10000

By: 22222222

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.