facebook

how a house rises

by: constructive

My sister's boyfriend is in kappa sig and he's a really cool dude and I'm thinking about rushing there. They rechartered like 5 years ago I think? Anyway,I know they just got a new house and the house is on probo by the burrow this fall because KDR racked up a bunch of violations on the property.

They're cool dudes. Not the douche bags of top but definitely cooler than where they are right now. While I don't really care about the tier system, I'm just curious how a house like kappa sig would rise (once off probo). they're cooler than a lot of guys I know in even some tier 4 houses, so can someone explain how they got this rank in the first place?

Posted By: constructive
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: who cares   

My friend is in an upper house and hates it. I'm in a lower middle house and love it. Don't use the tier system to guide your actions. Go where you think is best for you. I'm tired of seeing people make that mistake.

By: who cares
#2  by: do what you want   

My advice going into rushing (fall or spring) would be not to be committed on a single house, you should really go everywhere you can during zoning days or through people you know during sylly week. Because most people stereotype Greek life at Penn state most don't realize that there really is a house for anyone. If you are really invested you will find you place. That being said one has to realistic with their choices and expectations. A brother in SAE is going to have a radically different experience than a brother in ZBT or Skulls or a "lower" house. Also, don't listen to people who say the tier system doesn't matter. Sure its not a clear cut as the system may present greek life, but from a social aspect some houses are "better" than other and you should keep that in mind when rushing. As for you question rank is based off of one-on-one socials and away bars, better girls=better rank.

By: do what you want

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.