facebook

rushing as sophomore

by:    

Really wanted to rush this semester but failed to meet grade requirements, if I'm really into it is it advised to work on my grades a lot this semester and rush a sorority in the fall? Will I get the same experience for informal recruitment ?

Posted By: hi
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

same dude... and like 200 other people :( I feel like informal will be huge because they usually get 2000 girls rushing and this year they have like 1300ish... so they’re not all gonna be filling quota

By: same

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: nope   

Quota is set based off of the number of girls who turn in rankings after pref, so quota might be smaller this year, but most houses will still meet it. The only sororities that would be allowed to do informal in the fall are those that aren't at campus total for overall size, which obviously won't be every group

By: nope
by: pnm   

since there are so many girls already dropping will that increase the girls who are staying in's chances?

By: pnm
by: ^^^^   

Yes, it will but not for the houses that are most competitive. Those that remain will have a better chance for a bid from a mid tier group. Those that drop out of disappointment are typically not opening up spots from the most selective groups because the girls that are getting the invites that are most sought after are happy and will stay. Stay in this to the end and you may be surprised by what you find.

By: ^^^^
#2by:    

so should i just wait to do informal in the fall or formal in the spring next year?

By: conflicted
by: both   

You don't have to pick one or the other. Keep your ears open and use your sorority friends to find out about informal in the fall and see if it works out for you. If it doesn't, then rush in the spring.

By: both

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.