facebook

what is is like rushing a sorority as a sophmore?

by: Strat

I had to drop a class this semester that put me below the credit requirememt and I plan on rushing next year,, what is the experience like for a girl when she decides to rush as a sophmore?

Posted By: Strat
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Never know   

There are pros and cons. While most chapters would prefer a freshman vs. a sophomore if the ladies were equal, rushing as a sophomore is not a death sentence. Sophomores tend to know more people on campus (think about your freshmen friends who will be in chapters next year) and they have more confidence. Sophomores have had time to join other orgs and have something to talk about. This gives the chapter a chance to get to know more about the pnm and their potential to be a contributing member. Whereas a freshman who was on campus for a couple of weeks in the old scenario, had no chance to demonstrate their leadership and time management skills before.

By: Never know
#2  by: hm   

sometimes rushing as a sophomore isn't that bad because every sorority has to take a certain amount of upperclassmen, and if you stand out as a sophomore then you're more likely to get a bid

By: hm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.