facebook

can you lie about having rushed before?

by: ?

I'll be a sophmore and don't want sororities to know that I rushed last year bc I feel like it'll reflect badly on me since I didn't join. Do I have to disclose that I rushed last year ?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: They will know    

There is a list of people who did

By: They will know
#2  by: PSU   

Don't lie about anything. You don't have to bring it up. But, absolutely do not lie! You will be finished.

By: PSU
by: AgreedAug 8, 2017 11:23:46 AM

All it takes is one person in one sorority to remember you and bust you. Sororities talk to each other especially about people who are trying to sneak past by lying.

By: Agreed
#3  by: Same   

I dropped rush as a freshman and rushed as a sophomore. On my application I said I had rushed before but I never talked about it during parties!!

By: Same
by: ^Aug 3, 2017 3:52:36 PM

So do you think it was ever an issue or did you end up somewhere you really liked & wanted?

By: ^
by: yaAug 8, 2017 4:23:45 PM

There are a lot of members who drop out of recruitment before, and how members perceive it depends on the reason for dropping out (i didnt get the sorority i wanted vs I was sick and missed a lot of the parties/heavy schoolwork)

By: ya
by: SameAug 9, 2017 1:45:24 PM

I'm in a sorority I love right now but idk if they ever discussed it during membership selection. I just never brought it up in parties so idk if having it on my application affected anything

By: Same

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.