facebook

which sorority to rush??

by:    

Hey, I'll be an incoming freshman girl this fall and I want to rush a sorority but there's so many that I don't even know which to look at first. I'm very focused on academics (going in as English lit and psychology) and not much of a drinker/partier so the philanthropic side is what I'm looking for most of all. Thanks!!

Posted By: PSU2022
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Just go through rush and find out, don't go on here to make your decisions

By: Hi
#2by:    

Probs you'll not be allow to rush sorry

By: sorry
by: ehh   

I think and have heard there will be COB bidding in the fall so sororities will be giving out a lot of snap bids.This means you would informally meet some of the sisters at whatever sorority and if they like you they invite you back and so on, its much more informal. A lot less stressful. I think there will be a day sororities basically have an open house in the fall anyway because sororities don't need university approval to give out bids they need their national approval and even if their nationals doesn't approve they will probably treat the girls as pledges and keep them in mind for spring to officially initiate them. Don't worry chicky I'm sure if you want to rush in the fall you can, just keep an eye out for information about rush bc it will be on the very very down low.

By: ehh
by: Melissa F   

There is no such thing as a "snap bid" outside of formal rush. The term you want is open bid. Also sororities would be downright stupid to do what you suggest - their nationals are all going to be up their butts making sure they don't piss off the school and get kicked off. Ghost pledging will be pretty much impossible.

OP, just keep your grades up and get involved and get to know people your first semester. And don't get stupid drunk or ho around. You can formal rush your second semester. That's the best way for you to get to know all the sororities, not just a few.

By: Melissa F
#3by:    

If you want to rush I'm sure there will be some options

By: No worries
#4by:    

bump

By: penn
#5by:    

Freshmen can't rush, just go to class and get decent grades

By: $

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

you can't rush until spring. and it will be super competitive.

By: nope

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.