facebook

what is greek life gonna be like next semester?

by: Fall 17

Will greek life actually have socials even dry ones next semester? Will greek life get better?

Posted By: Fall 17
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: IFC   

I feel that there will be a drop (not big, but not small) in the recruitment for fraternities next school year. This incident has gone viral across the country and more information and negative press keeps coming out almost everyday, so parents will be educating their sons about joining a fraternity. I just hope that nothing else happens next school year that will have a big effect with recruitment, now that freshmen will not be able to join until Spring. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

By: IFC
#2  by: honestly    

I feel that the DA dropped the report when we were all leaving for finals as a courtesy so we wouldn't be attacked by reporters on campus which i greatly appreciate. Because I am sure we all heard the rumors that the report was suppose to come out like a month ago. Anyway, wait for the next big story and wait for the family to get a settlement from the university then everything should calm down by the end of the summer. Then when the inevitable new regulations are put into place we can 'take them into effect' by doing the same thing we have been doing. Once the next big story comes up i think things will be a bit more normal. Either way this event was an absolute tragedy and I can't begin to imagine what its like to lose a son. I hope we all learn a lesson from this and are more vigilant on calling for help when its obviously needed. But remember we were still given 'wet' socials along with 'dry' socials so hopefully we will be back in houses for socials next semester. Worst comes to worst we will go to senior unaffiliated houses. Either way this was a major hit but greeklife isn't leaving Penn State anytime soon whether they 'kick us off' or keep us because 95% of us had nothing to do with this.

By: honestly
by: IFCMay 16, 2017 6:15:35 PM

The bottom line here is......Play it safe, use good judgement, keep control of your parties and don't screw up. Can't stress that enough.

By: IFC

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.