facebook

competitive

by:    

how competitive is sorority rush and does everyone get a bid?

Posted By: sorority rush
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

The actual 2 week process for rushing is absolute hell. It wrecks your emotions in so many ways. I'm a pretty confident girl and I constantly found myself asking why these random sororities didn't ask me back. Did I do something wrong? Why didn't they like me? Sometimes I still wonder lol. It's so competitive, they will sometimes put you with other pnms and one girl in the sorority to all try and talk at once and if you don't get your two cents in, you won't be getting asked back. Or you could love a sorority and think they love you and then they don't ask you back but you have to visit another sorority in 15 minutes so you better not be in a bad mood or you will lose them too. No, not everyone gets a bid. Either they will all drop you at some point (that doesn't happen too often) or you will quit (might seem hard to believe now but almost half of the girls end up dropping out Bc it's just too much), or if you suicide bid (only rank one sorority in the final ranking) if they don't give you a bid you'll bet a phone call saying you didn't get a bid. Overall, know that this process will be physically and emotionally exhausting. It's not enjoyable, sorry. But if you want a sisterhood it's necessary. Remeber there's always spring rush (for some sororities) which is so much more laid back. In the end it is worth it but you really gotta remeber why you're doing it.

By: Honesty hour
by: moo   

if u dont mind telling us, which sorority did drop you? as in you were expecting them to prefer you back too but they didnt? im sorry if talking about it makes u sad u dont have too...

By: moo
by: Not a problem at all!   

I honestly fell in love with zeta, such nice girls, very laid back, very genuine. Unfortunately I got nervous the round before pref and I kinda got a bit awkward and didn't have a good convo with the girls so I kinda think that's why they dropped me. But I have a few great friends in zeta now and there's no awkwardness because we all ended up where we fit. I was a bit aprehensive about the one that gave me a bid at first but they actually are exactly what I thought being in zeta would be like so I'm very happy where I am, trust the system I guess lol.

By: Not a problem at all!
by: Elle woods    

This is super accurate. I don't wanna attribute some of it to luck, but sometimes it really is. I made it to second rounds with ASA because I really got along with the one girl I was constantly with from there, but at second rounds it was someone entirely different and I got dropped. I was so upset but it just happens. Remember that these girls are talking to hundreds of girls every day so if you really like a sorority, you need to leave a really good impression. It's emotionally taxing but ya just gotta get through it

By: Elle woods
#2by:    

You also have the unique opportunity to join and rush dphie this fall. The process will be much less stressful for rushing and you will have a one of a kind experience as a founder. Something to consider if you don't think you can handle formal rush because it is hell as the other girl said

By: Also

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.