facebook

sophomore sorority formal rush or associate chapter??

by:    

I pretty sure I want to join a sorority in the fall but I'm worried about the time commitment. Formal rush sounds difficult to swing with harder classes and work I need to do for an academic club I'm a chair for right at the beginning of the semester. I'm currently signed up for 18 credits.

My major qualifies for Phi Rho and I know some girls an OPhiA so I was thinking of doing an associate chapter but I'm worried I'll regret not trying a 'full' panhel sorority. I'm not overly concerned with tier but a mid tier sorority sounds comfortable because of the range of people you interact with.

Any opinions?

Posted By: indecisive
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm a guy but have a wide range of friends in all sororities. You'll still experience everything in phi rho and ophia that you would in other sororities. Pledging is still a huge time commitment, though most sororities understand you have schoolwork. With that said, if you're truly committed to academics and have a hard major (18 credits is a lot), I think OphiA or Phi Rho would be your best bet.

By: Hi
#2by:    

if you're worried about time commitments and your studies I would go for phi rho. I have a lot of friends in that sorority and they all study together and all take hard classes, so they're understanding of your work load. Phi rho and OphiA are both 'full' real sororities and are very involved in Greek life.

By: Advice

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Recruitment for phi Rho and ophia is much more lenient (3 or 4 events that are about an hour) compared to a week and a half of constant formal recruitment. Recruitment is also the only difference of associate chapters. Every thing else is the same as all the Panhellenic sororities. Also if anything the girls are more diverse and the sisters are very understanding that classes should come first. In your case it sounds like a good choice.

By: Opinion

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.