facebook

frat life?

by:    

I was pretty interested in pledging to a fraternity, but I am the oldest in my family, and planning on studying engineering, so I don't know much about how the stereotypes of a frat relate to real life. Is studying engineering and pledging a bad idea? Are all frats mainly drinking and no smoking? Are there strictly smoking frats? Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Posted By: tj1010
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Nice try ROY you slippery little snake.

By: Burnt
by: Lol   

^ jesus... you're probably not gonna get many bids

By: Lol
#2by:    

It's possible to do well. I'd say 4 juniors in my house are engineers 2 seniors are graduating with a job in line and a few more sophomores in that field as well. Greek life will help you get through classes. Pledging will be the only "hard" part for our gpa but you can still finish that semester with a 3.0 or higher unless you have a dead brain

By: not a gdi
#3by:    

It's all about how hard you are willing to work to achieve the things you want. Pledging sucks and every frat hazes, don't believe what they say at zone day, but at the end of the day you get through it and it's just one semester early on. If you get into a frat and you find you don't like it you don't have to be active, sometimes it's nice to just have a social schedule for the weekend if you need. There are a lot of pluses. Don't let being an engineering major throw you off my best friend pledged with me and is an engingering major and he finished with a 3.5 during pledging.

By: Swaggy P

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: haz   

the stereotype that every frat hazes while valid is extremely overblown, theres so many houses at PSU that have minimal time commitment (cleaning up after parties, learning knowledge and a handful of lineups, while there are other frats that make you do knee drops, waterboard, elephant walks, assault, and a whole lot of other things.

By: haz
#4by:    

Definitely only take around 12-15 credits, try and limit it to one of two hard classes, it's a good time to get some easy Gen Eds out of the way

By: Roy baker

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.