facebook

fraternity rush

by:    

I am thinking about rushing next fall.
Do you go to the frat houses on your own or do you have to get an invitation? I have heard both. If you dont get an invitation, that means you have no chance with that fraternity?
A couple guys I met went through and dropped. They applied and everything and only got about 3 or 4 invitations. They said you have to know someone to get in. I am out of state and dont have any connections to a fraternity.

Posted By: Wondering
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Don't join a fraternity just because you get a bid from them. If you pledge and then drop, you cant get in to greek life again. That happened to some of the ato pledges. They joined another fraternity after ato was dissolved, the didn't like it and dropped. Nothing else for them now.

By: letting you know
by: What   

Nah thats a lie. All of the ato pledges are doing something

By: What
by: Facts   

No true

By: Facts
by: Facts?   

I thought all went somewhere?

By: Facts?
#2by:    

I dropped rush too. I was interested in 2 fraternities and never got an invitation. It was over before it started.

By: Independent
#3by:    

Same here. I got three invitations. I went to the houses. It was hard to talk to anyone since I didn't know anyone. I wasn't invited back. I didn't join anywhere. If you don't know someone in the fraternity, you wont get in.

By: same here
#4by:    

Only join if you know the guys and like them. A couple of the "good" fraternities are loaded with a bunch of a##holes.

By: know
#5by:    

Don't listen to any of the previous comments lmao. First off I know people that have pledged 2 different frats and are now in one. And it's not like going into rushing if you don't know any of the guys initially you won't get in. Go out and rush and see where you feel the most comfortable and fit in the best. Doesn't have to be a "top" house, but if you feel cool with the guys and stuff then apply yourself to get in.

By: wtf
#6by:    

it is not that hard to get a bid from one of the fraternities on campus, be somewhat a social person and have good conversations with guys and you will be fine, most of the people that dont get bids dont get past a conversation of asking where they are from and what they are interested in.

By: dude
by: Not   

You see the guys on campus and have some classes with them, but no chance to talk to them.
The fraternities have parties during the year but they are members only. How are are you supposed to get to know them if you can't go to their parties?
The members should have to introduce themselves to all the guys they invite to their house during rush. Guys rushing don't know who the members are.

By: Not
#7by:    

No clue what any of these guys are talkimg about invitations. Like yes at the start of rush fraternitys that you have connections with will usually text you about a party they are having. But even if you dont get a text you can still go. Even open houses arnt invite only. Ya’ll make rush sound way more exclusive than it actually is. However, with that being said you definitely have a better chance of getting into a too chapter with connections.

By: What
#8by:    

Bump

By: Fr
#9by:    

Bump

#10by:    

Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.