facebook

new sorority?

by: Thoughts?

So Gamma Phi Beta is coming next year! Cool! This is purely just a question, but does their arrival mean AOPi is going to leave? Or is it just we have SO many girls rushing we needed another home?

Posted By: Thoughts?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: please no trolls   

UK has expanded its number of colonizing sororities to accommodate the growing interest by students to belong. We want the number of women joining to be maximized without straining any home's capacity to give its members a good sorority experience.

Currently every UK NPC home is strongly supported by their own nationals, their alumnae, and by the UK panhellenic system.

The addition of the GPhiB colony MIGHT lower chapter total to more manageable levels while all current chapters maintain stable membership numbers, meaning no chapter needs to close when GPhi arrives.

By: please no trolls
by: HmNov 6, 2018 12:09:49 PM

The number of women rushing has been going down in recent years, and the GPB sorority has been trying to colonize for years now. This is not a reaction to "high numbers" or interested in coming girls.

By: Hm
by: waterNov 15, 2018 8:43:05 PM

The campus total number has increased this year over last year, so how does that mean fewer women are joining?

By: water
#2  by: Awesome!   

I think it’s super exciting that we’ll be getting another sorority. More girls will be able to find their home and I’m sure they’ll bring something fresh to our community. GPB is pretty popular for girls in my hometown at different schools so I have no doubt they’ll be a welcome addition

By: Awesome!
by: tried and trueDec 1, 2018 4:28:10 PM

GPhiB made sure the campus situation was completely 'right' for their colony to have the best chance for success. Housing, pnm numbers, and other important considerations were taken into account. I'd imagine the campus sorority housing situation was THE paramount concern, as several sororities were completing remodels or new homes over the past ten years.

By: tried and true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.